• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 week appointment and ultrasound! We're having a...

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:47 AM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I am 20 weeks and 1 day pregnant and halfway (or more) done with this pregnancy! My appointment went well, baby's heartbeat was 150 and strong. However, I found out that my OB is leaving for a different job! I haven't known him long, and I'm happy for him, but I'm sad that I have to switch doctors halfway through! I scheduled my 24 week appointment with someone new, so hopefully I like her and the rest of my pregnancy goes smoothly.

We also had our ultrasound yesterday. Baby was squirming and dancing all over the place. But, baby also wasn't the least bit shy, and we discovered that we're having a...

BOY!!

Seriously, the tech got a shot of him with his legs spread wide open, lol! Everyone wanted a girl, but I just had a feeling it was another boy. Parker, my 5 year old, was disappointed at first - he REALLY wanted a little sister I guess. But this morning he was already more excited. We celebrated last night by going put and buying a few newborn outfits, because I realized we have NO baby clothes. I thought we had saved my son's baby clothes, but the smallest size we have is 12 months. That's okay, buying clothes is one of my favorite things to do!

We're also working on picking out carpeting for the nursery and the upstairs and will begin rearranging the house soon. I'm SO excited to get the nursery put together.

The only baby boy name we can come up wth right now is Harrison, and it was actually the ultrasound tech who thought of it. My husband and I both like it, so we'll see if it sticks!
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Rabby
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:53 AM

Congratulations mummy, What a beautiful bump you have there. I hope you click with your new doctor and enjoy a stress free pregnancy till the end. Stay healthy

DalmatianStars
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:03 AM

That's wonderful! Congrats :) Almost there

mommymary6507
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:12 AM
Woohoo! Congrats! :)
MarriedMyPrince
by Sarah on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:14 AM
Congratulations on the healthy baby boy news. Big brother will be excited with the new baby either way. Everyone else will come around also. Your bump is too cute!
MommyOfOne2710
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:16 AM
All I had to do was show my parents the ultrasound pictures and one of the newborn outfits we picked out, and they were sold. My mom would love having a granddaughter but, in the end, she just wants us to have a healthy baby. And so far everyone loves the name Harrison, so who knows, we may have found a winner. :)

Quoting MarriedMyPrince: Congratulations on the healthy baby boy news. Big brother will be excited with the new baby either way. Everyone else will come around also. Your bump is too cute!
MarriedMyPrince
by Sarah on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:23 AM
Harrison is a very cute strong baby boy name. Lol yep once every one sees baby clothes and little booties. There sold! Healthy babies is all that matters. God will bless us with what we are suppose to have. When they are here we couldn't imagine it any other way.

Quoting MommyOfOne2710: All I had to do was show my parents the ultrasound pictures and one of the newborn outfits we picked out, and they were sold. My mom would love having a granddaughter but, in the end, she just wants us to have a healthy baby. And so far everyone loves the name Harrison, so who knows, we may have found a winner. :)

Quoting MarriedMyPrince: Congratulations on the healthy baby boy news. Big brother will be excited with the new baby either way. Everyone else will come around also. Your bump is too cute!
SamKSanders
by Samantha on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:50 AM
I cannot believe you're 20 weeks already! That flew by! You look great mama. And congrats on the boy!

I LOVE Harrison đź’™ That's so perfect.

Sorry about the whole Doctor thing. I had to switch at 34 weeks. Not fun! Hopefully your new doctor is great though and it's an easy switch for you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)