• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UTI questions....

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 5:25 PM
  • 6 Replies

Question for you ladies...does anyone tend to get UTI's more frequently when ttc? As a habit, I usually try to use the restroom immediately following bd, but of course, I'm wanting to hold on to the little swimmers as long as possible now! But recently I've been feeling a UTI coming on. I really don't want to have to take antibiotics right now either. Has anyone else had this problem from LOTS of bd? I'm thinking of just adding cranberry juice to my diet but then again I'm trying to track O with opk and I'd hate to dilute my urine too much. Are there any other good home remedies to ward off UTI's that have worked for you? 

Thanks!

by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 5:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
FitMa29
by Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Whenever I've felt one coming on I drink a little Apple
Cider Vinager
Some can't handle the taste, but it always works for me
Or you can sit in a bath with it as well :)
GL UTI's suck :(
poosey08
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Garlic, pineapple, fresh ginger all work. Drink an absolute ton of water too!
mamatink7
by Franceska on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:33 PM
I have one right now:( they put me on meds for it cause I hurt so badly.
If I were you, I'd do soft cups immediately after bding then go pee whenever you need to. I swear by those things now. Also you can add the cranberry juice, it's very good for you anyways-so why not? Lol
Good luck
Lauren247365
by Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:45 PM
Oh wow! I've not heard about the softcups but I have used them in the past for AF. I'm totally trying that! Thanks!

Quoting mamatink7: I have one right now:( they put me on meds for it cause I hurt so badly.
If I were you, I'd do soft cups immediately after bding then go pee whenever you need to. I swear by those things now. Also you can add the cranberry juice, it's very good for you anyways-so why not? Lol
Good luck
mamatink7
by Franceska on Apr. 9, 2016 at 3:14 PM
Your welcome. It's funny cause it took me years to try them and now I swear by them lol.

Quoting Lauren247365: Oh wow! I've not heard about the softcups but I have used them in the past for AF. I'm totally trying that! Thanks!

Quoting mamatink7: I have one right now:( they put me on meds for it cause I hurt so badly.
Good luck
ACrystalLilly
by Member on Apr. 9, 2016 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting poosey08: Garlic, pineapple, fresh ginger all work. Drink an absolute ton of water too!

Congratulations on TTC.  So sorry you get UTI symptoms - Me too.  I would love for someone to explain more about how Garlic, Pineapple and Ginger works for UTI if they would so we both could learn.  Thanks for the post / question and sharing.... 

Hope you feel better soon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)