Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New and needing some guidance :)

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:14 PM
  • 10 Replies

Hello! 

I'm new to this group :) I have a four year old step-daughter, Olivia, but no birth children. I joined this group today because I am questioning if I am pregnant. We are not actively trying to conceive, but we are not preventing it either. We both want more babies, but we're not ready to put on any pressure. However, I am now 5 days late and I am experiencing symptoms that make me question if I am pregnant. I am having extreme breast pain, unlike what I experience with PMS. It is not going away, or weakening at all. I also have random pains in my lower abdomen (nothing severe, but I don't typically experience much cramping until my actual period arrives). I am also nauseous (not totally abnormal due to allergies, but I am actively staying away from certain types of food, which isn't normal). My last symptom, and I'm not sure if this is even related, is that I am having a ridiculously hard time falling asleep at night, despite being exhausted during the day to the point of feeling like I'm on the cusp of just passing out. 

I am going to go purchase a pregnancy test this afternoon, but I am so afraid of it being negative as now I've stupidly gotten my hopes up. Any advice or wisdom you can offer me would be so appreciated! Thank you! :) 

by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MeganSB
by Megan on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:23 PM

Welcome! And really all you can do is test. By now you dont even need to wait for fmu (first morning urin) to get a positive if your that late. Good luck! FX! (fingers crossed)

hankbugsmama2
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:24 PM
It is always possible.The symptoms can be due to menstruation as well though. Keep me posted.
o.n.a.9311
by New Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:26 PM

I will test and report back :) 

Quoting hankbugsmama2: It is always possible.The symptoms can be due to menstruation as well though. Keep me posted.

o.n.a.9311
by New Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:27 PM

Thank you for the luck :) I'm trying desperately to not get too excited. 

Quoting MeganSB:

Welcome! And really all you can do is test. By now you dont even need to wait for fmu (first morning urin) to get a positive if your that late. Good luck! FX! (fingers crossed)

Seagodess
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:22 PM

All you can do is test and hope for the best. Symptom spotting will always get you. The sucky thing is that pregnancy and PMS have pretty much the same symptoms. Its also possible they are the same for a long time, then out of the blue change. Good luck.

o.n.a.9311
by New Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:41 PM

That's why I'm hesitant to test already. I'm not sure which one it's going to be. I don't recall the last time I was more than 12-24 hours later than I was expecting, but with the weather and illness, I'm cautious too get excited. Thanks for the luck!

Quoting Seagodess:

All you can do is test and hope for the best. Symptom spotting will always get you. The sucky thing is that pregnancy and PMS have pretty much the same symptoms. Its also possible they are the same for a long time, then out of the blue change. Good luck.

luna321
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:54 PM
Good luck! Update when you test😊
o.n.a.9311
by New Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 8:43 AM

Update! 

I took one test last night and one this morning. They were both positive! The positive sign showed up almost immediately. I'm probably going to buy a few more tests today, just to make sure, but I am so excited! I am a mixture of nerves and happiness. Thank you all for your help!:)

MeganSB
by Megan on Apr. 12, 2016 at 8:50 AM

Wow! Congrats! So what symptoms are you expierencing as of now?

Quoting o.n.a.9311:

Update! 

I took one test last night and one this morning. They were both positive! The positive sign showed up almost immediately. I'm probably going to buy a few more tests today, just to make sure, but I am so excited! I am a mixture of nerves and happiness. Thank you all for your help!:)

o.n.a.9311
by New Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 9:00 AM

Thank you! I'm so excited and also terrified ;) Right now I'm having super intense pain in my boobs (sorry ;) ) I also feel exhausted all of the time and have some minor nausea. Other than that I feel pretty normal :) 

Quoting MeganSB:

Wow! Congrats! So what symptoms are you expierencing as of now?

Quoting o.n.a.9311:

Update! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)