Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just had my baby and trying to figure out when to TTC again.

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:43 PM
  • 2 Replies

We never use birth control, but i'm pretty sure I won't get pregnant right away, I breastfeed and I don't ovulate on the best of days. The last 2 pregnancies required femera, and the last one took a trigger shot to make sure I ovulated.

I was thinking around 6 months, start taking progesterone to regulate my cycle for 4-6 months, then taking femera and a trigger shot for a few cycles to see if we can get lucky again.

My husband is 44 in a few days, and if we want more babies, I need to have them pretty close together at this point. I'm not getting any younger, and having babies in his 50's is kind of pushing it.

I know people DO get pregnant while breastfeeding, so if anyone has any tricks or tips i'm all ears. I know I can breastfeed successfully while pregnant, so if I got pregnant while nursing Zoey, I'll be fine. I don't dry up while pregnant.

by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
LibraBalance
by Megan on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:49 PM
I am waiting at least a year. If there were no risks I would try again tomorrow but between the possibility of drying up (every pregnancy is different), increased risk of autisum, preterm labor, etc I just don't feel like it's fair to our next little one. I wish I could have another tomorrow though! I have baby fever like crazy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kajira
by Emma on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:01 PM

I'll be waiting until she's pretty close to a year to get pregnant, so if I *did* dry up, she'd get a year + of milk. but If I wait to start trying until she's closer to two, if it takes a year or two.. I miss all those precious months... and i'm more fertile around a year after having a baby, then once they start weaning. the shift in hormones screw up my fertility - so I have this small window around 9-15 months after giving birth, where my body seems to work it's best, and be the most fertile.

I want to take advantage of that window.

I was able to nurse through Zoey's pregnancy and I only had issues with preterm labor AFTER wyatt weaned. LOL 

I'm backwards. :( 

Quoting LibraBalance: I am waiting at least a year. If there were no risks I would try again tomorrow but between the possibility of drying up (every pregnancy is different), increased risk of autisum, preterm labor, etc I just don't feel like it's fair to our next little one. I wish I could have another tomorrow though! I have baby fever like crazy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)