Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fertility tests ordered... HSC?

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:48 AM
  • 5 Replies

So my husband and I saw a fertility doc for the 1st time this past Saturday. Basically just a consultation. Just got a phone call from one of the nurses to schedule a HSG and HSC. I'm familiar with the HSG and was expecting that. However, I'm not familiar with a HSC.

Has anyone had one, if so, can you tell me your experience.. what happened? what it is for?

It turns out it is costly. So I'm hesitant on it, unless it's something that could possibly be extremely beneficial. 

Thanks for the input in advance ladies.

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
valarie1979
by Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:53 PM
It test to see if the fallopian tines are open, according to google
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:43 PM

I had no clue it was called an HSC but once I looked it up, I've had one but it was back in 2008. They done a laparoscopy the same time they done the hysteroscopy which is an HSC. I was put to sleep, so I don't remember that part. I was sore for a few days and on pain pills.

Hysteroscopy is a procedure that allows your doctor to look inside your uterus in order to diagnose and treat causes of abnormal bleeding.Hysteroscopy is done using a hysteroscope, a thin, lighted tube that is inserted into the vagina to examine the cervix and inside of the uterus.

mamatink7
by Franceska on Apr. 21, 2016 at 9:33 AM
HSG is very important to see what your tubes look like. If they r blocked, you need them opened.
HSC looks into uterus and cervix. It's more invasive of a procedure.
I'd do the HSG first. I've had them done twice.
mommy1day6710
by Ashley on Apr. 27, 2016 at 11:27 AM

Thank you so much for the information! Going to advise my doctor that I don't want to do the HSC yet. But will do the HSG next cycle. 

Quoting mamatink7: HSG is very important to see what your tubes look like. If they r blocked, you need them opened. HSC looks into uterus and cervix. It's more invasive of a procedure. I'd do the HSG first. I've had them done twice.

mommy1day6710
by Ashley on Apr. 27, 2016 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this

That's extremely helpful. Thank you so much for that information! 

Quoting hypnautica:

I had no clue it was called an HSC but once I looked it up, I've had one but it was back in 2008. They done a laparoscopy the same time they done the hysteroscopy which is an HSC. I was put to sleep, so I don't remember that part. I was sore for a few days and on pain pills.

Hysteroscopy is a procedure that allows your doctor to look inside your uterus in order to diagnose and treat causes of abnormal bleeding.Hysteroscopy is done using a hysteroscope, a thin, lighted tube that is inserted into the vagina to examine the cervix and inside of the uterus.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)