Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Zoey is 2 weeks old!!

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:48 PM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

She's gaining great - despite her lip tie. I'm seeing a ENT who can clip lip/tongue ties tomorrow, and should have it all fixed by next week. (If he finds a tongue tie, he'll clip it in office, but lip ties he requires them done in the OR.)

Anyways.. that's about it.

I see my midwife next week for the 3 week PP check up. I'm pumping milk for my toddler, about 15-24oz a day right now. We've discussed TTC again starting around 6 months old. I should be able to quit pumping for him, and the decrease in pumping should help fertility return with out stopping Z from nursing.

Around 9-10 months, we'll go back to the fertility doc and see if we can do what worked for getting pregnant with her, and maybe i'll get lucky and have it work a second time fast.

Even if she self-weans halfway through the pregnancy, we'll make it past a year, and I'll let her self wean. If she wants to nurse the whole pregnancy, she can... if she chooses to wean... well, I'm hoping maybe she'll choose to tandem nurse if it all works out. LOL

So hopefully I'll be back to posting on the TTC side here in a few months! LOL

You can see how chunky she's getting!
Newborn clothes are still big on her, but she's already re-gained and surpassed her birth weight as of last friday and her Jaundice is gone.

She's not really a crier, except when I don't get her to a boob fast enough. LOL She likes being held, she doesn't mind her carseat, and she's otherwise a really calm, mellow baby. I'm loving how relaxed she is.

Wyatt turned 2 yesterday... (he was due in august though, so he's still not close to potty training yet.)

We went on an african safari, but the petting goats were his favorite part.

My oldest got slightly traumatized when the Zebra stuck it's head in his lap.

Oh, and the only other thing is my 5 year old FINALLY got the pony she was promised. LOL He's gonna need some refresher courses, he's been out ot pasture/ignored for the last 2 years, but besides being mildly stubborn, he's good natured and I think will work out well for the younger 3 kids. (And future children)

by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LibraBalance
by Megan on Apr. 20, 2016 at 5:28 PM
A lip tie in the OR? They aren't going to use sedation are they?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kajira
by Emma on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:23 PM

Just topical numbing stuff. Most ENTs around here do them in the OR or a hosptial setting because they bleed more.

The person who cut Wyatt's lip tie did it in office, but in a big hospital where they had an OR on standby if needed. He refused to clip his tongue in office had he needed it, because he was too old. She's young, so they'll clip her tongue in office if needed, but for her lip they prefer to do it in the OR just in case they have bleeding complications.

Quoting LibraBalance: A lip tie in the OR? They aren't going to use sedation are they?

LibraBalance
by Megan on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:47 PM
Ah. You scared me. I was going to tell you to run from that provider since anesthesia is not needed at all for those procedures. We got DD done a month ago at a pediatric dentist 3 hours away.

Quoting kajira:

Just topical numbing stuff. Most ENTs around here do them in the OR or a hosptial setting because they bleed more.

The person who cut Wyatt's lip tie did it in office, but in a big hospital where they had an OR on standby if needed. He refused to clip his tongue in office had he needed it, because he was too old. She's young, so they'll clip her tongue in office if needed, but for her lip they prefer to do it in the OR just in case they have bleeding complications.

Quoting LibraBalance: A lip tie in the OR? They aren't going to use sedation are they?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kajira
by Emma on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:45 PM

yeah the hospital setting is just a precaution. wyatt was 4 months old adjusted so to do his tongue would have required anasthesia..... hell do adults but they require anasthesia for older kids n adults

Quoting LibraBalance: Ah. You scared me. I was going to tell you to run from that provider since anesthesia is not needed at all for those procedures. We got DD done a month ago at a pediatric dentist 3 hours away.
Quoting kajira:

sonnyswoman75
by on Apr. 21, 2016 at 1:20 AM
Very cute baby!
kajira
by Emma on Apr. 21, 2016 at 9:29 AM

Thank you. I like to think so.

Quoting sonnyswoman75: Very cute baby!

MarriedMyPrince
by Sarah on Apr. 21, 2016 at 10:16 AM
Your family is gorgeous! The pic of the zebra teeth is hilarious 😁
Little Zoe is just a DOLL! I hope the lip tie procedure goes well. Happy birthday little Wyatt. Glad he had fun. My son at 2 would have been petrified of the goats. Your little girl got what all little girls want a beautiful pony. So sweet!
SamKSanders
by Samantha on Apr. 21, 2016 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like everything is going great! I hope that having her lip/tongue tie (whichever it is) slipped will help her latch.

She's a cutie! And you look wonderful!
tiffluv81
by Tiffanie on Apr. 21, 2016 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

how beautiful. That girl is gorgeous. gosh

kajira
by Emma on Apr. 21, 2016 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this

She had a posterier tongue tie that the ENt clipped. He said to do lip stretches and the tongue release should fix her latch/suck enough that he shouldn't have to clip her lip too.

Her latch already feels a thousand times better, I guess with how tight her tongue was it was restricting her ability to open her mouth wide and kept her lip folded down. Now that it's clipped I can flip out her lip now too, so apparently the tongue effects the lip alot too! ;o

We've always had animals and stuff around, so he's been used to them.

Yeah, she named her pony Joe.

Quoting MarriedMyPrince: Your family is gorgeous! The pic of the zebra teeth is hilarious 😁 Little Zoe is just a DOLL! I hope the lip tie procedure goes well. Happy birthday little Wyatt. Glad he had fun. My son at 2 would have been petrified of the goats. Your little girl got what all little girls want a beautiful pony. So sweet!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)