Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Completely confused....

Posted by on May. 8, 2016 at 7:30 AM
  • 5 Replies

Okay so I had a VERY positive OPK on Thursday. Followed by 2 negatives. I also had ovulation pains, cramping and EWCM Friday. Today for kicks I took an OPK and it was positive.. What gives??? I have no signs of ovulation. Should I just ignore this one and consider the first one my positive?? I do not temp so all I have are the body signs and OPKs to go off of. 

by on May. 8, 2016 at 7:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
musicNcaffeine
by on May. 8, 2016 at 8:49 AM
As long as the firsr was about the right point in your cycle, then yes ignore the second one.
Mrseoc
by Allie on May. 8, 2016 at 9:00 AM
Can't opks be wrong? I don't use them but I'm told sometimes you get a surge but ovulation doesn't happen so you get another surge later.
BD if you get the chance. I don't really have signs on O day but rather the days before.
Good luck!
cashgirl88
by Member on May. 8, 2016 at 12:42 PM
I would just try to bd at least every other day when you think you might be fertile.
bem8489
by Brandy on May. 8, 2016 at 4:03 PM

I just took two more (different brands) and both were positive. So I am just going to keep BDing until AF shows or BFP. Since I dont temp I know its hard to say for sure. 

gchorses4life
by Stefanie on May. 8, 2016 at 6:07 PM
Many times my body has tried to ovulate and if get a positive opk and not ovulate. My body did this twice before I finally did on the third try. I chart and temped that cycle and I'm now 22 weeks 3 days :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)