Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

confused with cheapie pregnancy test strip

Posted by on May. 8, 2016 at 10:18 AM
  • 4 Replies
Okay I bought some cheap test off of Amazon. I went to test this morning waited for the 5 minutes like it said. Looked and there was clearly a pink positive line. See it perfect then it like slowly started to move like a dye run and disappeared. Before it disappeared it was in the positive spot for like a minute before it moved. This is the first time I bought these test. Anyone know what it is or what the hell? Thanks ladies
by on May. 8, 2016 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Lollypeg9896
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2016 at 11:07 AM
I've had that happen on cheapies and dollar store tests, it's a dye run.
kajira
by Emma on May. 8, 2016 at 11:34 AM

yep, dye run.... you need to wait until it dries... for cheapie tests, you have a 7-10 minute window to look at them.... and this is why. If they are wet and the dye is still moving, you won't get an accurate reading until the test has had time to dry a little bit... they aren't like FRER's.

kajira
by Emma on May. 8, 2016 at 11:35 AM

This was mine this morning, as it was drying, with a dye run.... i took a second test, just to be sure that line was real.. because of it.

same test after it dried.... the line's still there.... so I trust it (especially since a FRER and another test had a line.)

mommad100306
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2016 at 11:42 AM
It was weird since it was in the positive spot without moving for a few minutes. It was also after 5 minutes time. It hasn't done it on the other ones.

Quoting kajira:

yep, dye run.... you need to wait until it dries... for cheapie tests, you have a 7-10 minute window to look at them.... and this is why. If they are wet and the dye is still moving, you won't get an accurate reading until the test has had time to dry a little bit... they aren't like FRER's.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)