Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dental surgery

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:22 AM
  • 6 Replies
I had to have emergency dental surgery this morning to remove an infected tooth. The doctor is putting me on antibiotics. I'm about a week away from ovulation and was wondering if the surgery or the meds can impact ovulation??
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kman88
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:26 AM
Im on antibiotics too (for a sinus infection) and ovulation is 1 week away... I assumed its ok since people get pregnant on bc all the time when on antibiotics.
khann
by Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:54 PM
The infection would impact fertility more than the antibiotics but since you are getting on them right away and everything it will probably be ok
lizziemommy2be
by Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 3:02 PM

for me personally every single time I've taken antibiotics I ended up Oing at least two weeks late. BUT I searched everywhere all over the internet and I asked my doc and apparently it is uncommon. I don't see how it would be uncommon though because if antibiotics mess up birth control I feel like they mess hormones up or something....idk I might be making it that part up lol but for me they definitely pushed ovulation back two weeks, 

wiccanlove92
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 3:30 PM
I haven't heard of antibiotics messing with ovulation unless you count the cases of them causing ovulation to occur by interfering with birth control
fitcoachtiff
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2016 at 9:03 AM
The antibiotics might not mess up anything, but the stress on your body might. Also, are you on pain meds? That could switch things up a bit.
florallove92
by Group Admin on Aug. 19, 2016 at 8:19 PM

I would google the antibiotics and check the category risk or ask your pharmacy. I'm currently on CD 15 and am on antibiotics for Bronchitis which turns out to be a category C in pregnancy and linked with early miscarriage. I had to cancel my cycle because of it and my clinic told us to use protection :( 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)