Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Early detection tests

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:28 PM
  • 2 Replies
My dh and I have been ttc for several months. This past week I have felt fatigued, vomiting most mornings and also came down with pneumonia. my Dr said a weakened immune system can be an early sign of pregnancy. So, I am due Tuesday for af and took an early test this morning, negative. Does anyone know about their accuracy that far out or should I just wait until next week?
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Oregongirl40
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:18 PM

it's most accurate to test after AF is due.  But when I have lots of test laying around I often will start testing at 10dpo and continue every 2 days until AF shows up. You risk picking up chemical pregnancies and blighted ovums though. So if you want to avoid the disappointment it is best to test after AF is due

Fakemom7
by New Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:00 PM
I know you are right. my Dr got my hopes up!

Quoting Oregongirl40:

it's most accurate to test after AF is due.  But when I have lots of test laying around I often will start testing at 10dpo and continue every 2 days until AF shows up. You risk picking up chemical pregnancies and blighted ovums though. So if you want to avoid the disappointment it is best to test after AF is due

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)