Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:16 AM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this
Hi everyone im new to the group and just wanted to say hello. My name is Jaclyn. I have a ds who is 5. Dh and I plan to try next yr for a baby. I am nervous due to the fact that my first pregnancy was really rough and my son will be 6 in feb. Seem like such a big age gap! I have the mirena IUD and was wondering if any has any experience with pregnancy after mirena. I know everyone is different just curious.
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:52 PM

Hey hun, welcome to the group!!! We are happy to have you!! I am excited to have another Momma in the group not quite TTC yet LOL We plan to start TTC next year as well. In the mean time we are working on getting healthy and saving for a larger vehicle! 

Anyway as far as the IUD goes....I am going to speak honestly. But keep in mind it may be different for you. So the IUD is truly a nasty form of BC. Many women unfortunately struggle with fertility after having it removed. Many find it takes years. However that isn't always the case. Just seems to be common. I personally suggest (I am not a Dr, just enjoy research) women get it removed 6 months prior to them being ready to TTC. Because the IUD causes the uterine linning to thin. And because of this many women who TTC and do so in the first few months post IUD miscarry. Some women even find this to be so for a year after removal. So giving yourself time to heal prior to actually TTC is really important. Taking supplements to help with blood flow to the uterus, supplements that help thicken uterine linning is helpful. 

Again you may come off it, get pregnant the first try, and have a wonderful 9 months. I just tend to see that less commonly. 

As far as your fear pregnancy wise, I have 5 kiddos and each pregnancy was so different. No two are just alike. Just eat as healthy as possible, exercise, take your prenatals, and hopefully everything will go well!! Good luck hun!! And again welcome!

MacensMommy228
by Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:30 PM
Oh good im glad you are in the same boat as me. I was nervous to join bc well were not quite ready yet. When are you guys planning to start TTC.
Thank you for your honesty. I was planning to speak to my doc soon. My mirena is supposed to come out this dec. Ive had it all 5 yrs. I know it is not the best BC and in the begining i hated it. I am due for a pap soon and will have her take it out then so i can have 6 months with out it since ive heard it can be difficult to get pregnant after. I am just trying to figure out the best form of BC until we are ready. I am allergic to latex and have not had the best luck with non latex lol.
I have weight to lose and will be starting pre-natal so i can get myself ready. I started 21 day fix and am on my 2nd round. It helps with portion control. I want to be healthy so when we are ready my body is too. I know every pregnancy is different i just get nervous bc of how rough it was. Good luck to you as well! Thank you again!

Quoting NoraDun:

Hey hun, welcome to the group!!! We are happy to have you!! I am excited to have another Momma in the group not quite TTC yet LOL We plan to start TTC next year as well. In the mean time we are working on getting healthy and saving for a larger vehicle! 

Anyway as far as the IUD goes....I am going to speak honestly. But keep in mind it may be different for you. So the IUD is truly a nasty form of BC. Many women unfortunately struggle with fertility after having it removed. Many find it takes years. However that isn't always the case. Just seems to be common. I personally suggest (I am not a Dr, just enjoy research) women get it removed 6 months prior to them being ready to TTC. Because the IUD causes the uterine linning to thin. And because of this many women who TTC and do so in the first few months post IUD miscarry. Some women even find this to be so for a year after removal. So giving yourself time to heal prior to actually TTC is really important. Taking supplements to help with blood flow to the uterus, supplements that help thicken uterine linning is helpful. 

Again you may come off it, get pregnant the first try, and have a wonderful 9 months. I just tend to see that less commonly. 

As far as your fear pregnancy wise, I have 5 kiddos and each pregnancy was so different. No two are just alike. Just eat as healthy as possible, exercise, take your prenatals, and hopefully everything will go well!! Good luck hun!! And again welcome!

Jessicaluvn
by Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:38 PM
Don't worry about the age gap. I have 3 girls ages 13, 10, and 15 months and hopefully one bun in the oven. :) my two older girls adore their baby sister and love to help me with her. I'm sure your older child would love to help take care of a baby :)
MacensMommy228
by Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:43 PM
Thank you! My sis and I are 6 yrs apart. I am the youngest and i wasnt very nice to her lol. My oldest is special needs and we wanted to make sure we had thing taken care of with him before trying. He is showing some interest in becoming a big brother and my baby fever has been on jump drive for about 4 yrs now lol. DH is showing so interest too now that our DS is coming around to the idea. He is our priority and we were exactly sure a baby would be an option with him bc he is very hands on but is becoming more independent and is in school full time.

Quoting Jessicaluvn: Don't worry about the age gap. I have 3 girls ages 13, 10, and 15 months and hopefully one bun in the oven. :) my two older girls adore their baby sister and love to help me with her. I'm sure your older child would love to help take care of a baby :)
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this

This group is full of amazing ladies. Every once in awhile you get someone not so plesant coming through but normally it is a nice group. Tons of support!! We plan to start TTC August 2017. So we have a year now. I have lost 28 lbs thus far and have another 57 lbs to lose. Although the weight loss isn't a must as I lose when I am pregnant. The car however is a must. We don't have any more empty seats left in my van LOL We have filled them up. 

I have PCOS so I don't ovulate well. It makes TTC a little more work. But I have been very blessed to have 5 babies. It generally takes me 1-3 yrs of TTC. 

As far as the BC goes, have you considered a female diaphragm. Or learning to prevent using natural family planning? We use NFP to try and to prevent. But I recently started using a diaphragm along with natural family planning as a double protection. So basically I temp and chart changes in my cervical mucus and position. I also use opks. We don't bed during fertile times. And during unfertile times we use the diaphragm as a backup. I personally dislike BC for regious reasons. My Husband and I both hate condoms LOL But the diapgragm isn't so bad. I can't use US spermicide. I have to get mine shipped from out of country because the US stuff causes yeast infections. So anyway it may be something to look into. Meanwhile I would love a weight loss body if you want to bounce ideas of eachother and kinda chat about weight loss. My family and I are going on vacation next week. But starting Oct 1st we plan to do the Whole 30 diet. It is super strict, but I hear it is amazing to accomplish. And I figured it would be a good thing seeing as how the holidays are coming and it will be hard to be perfect. 

Quoting MacensMommy228: Oh good im glad you are in the same boat as me. I was nervous to join bc well were not quite ready yet. When are you guys planning to start TTC. Thank you for your honesty. I was planning to speak to my doc soon. My mirena is supposed to come out this dec. Ive had it all 5 yrs. I know it is not the best BC and in the begining i hated it. I am due for a pap soon and will have her take it out then so i can have 6 months with out it since ive heard it can be difficult to get pregnant after. I am just trying to figure out the best form of BC until we are ready. I am allergic to latex and have not had the best luck with non latex lol. I have weight to lose and will be starting pre-natal so i can get myself ready. I started 21 day fix and am on my 2nd round. It helps with portion control. I want to be healthy so when we are ready my body is too. I know every pregnancy is different i just get nervous bc of how rough it was. Good luck to you as well! Thank you again!
Quoting NoraDun:

cayla801
by Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 12:23 PM

Hi! My brother and I are 6 years apart...we have mostly been thick as theives growing up :) My best friend just got pregnant after having her mirena out. I know for her it was pretty easy to transition hormonally to it being out. It took them 3 months :) good luck to you for when you do start trying! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)