Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Estradiol

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:57 AM
  • 5 Replies

Today is CD 3 so I went for blood work and an ultrasound, everything was good except my Estradiol was a little on the lower side at 61. The nurse said that the Dr said he likes to see it a bit higher. She said since Letrozole is an anti-estrogen my estradiol may already wind up lower than average during a cycle, but that it's still in range enough to continue.

I asked if there's anything we could do to bring it up or boost it and she said there's nothing really except a change in medications next cycle.

Has anyone ran into this issue? 

by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:22 PM

I would suggest red clover for low estrogen. However the way the femara works is by blocking estrogen at the beginning of the cycle so that your body goes into over drive creating more estrogen. This helps promote egg maturity. And often times pushes women to ovulate who normal would not. 

Good luck hun

florallove92
by Group Admin on Sep. 8, 2016 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you! I was actually trying to look things up yesterday to find something I could add. So that's helpful.

With letrozole it is an aromatose inhibitor, so it creates more FSH, Clomid blocks the receptor and creates more estrogen. I've responded well to it last cycle and the cycle before, so hoping my Estradiol continues to cooperate!!

Thank you again for the tip.

Quoting NoraDun:

I would suggest red clover for low estrogen. However the way the femara works is by blocking estrogen at the beginning of the cycle so that your body goes into over drive creating more estrogen. This helps promote egg maturity. And often times pushes women to ovulate who normal would not. 

Good luck hun

BLISS2016
by Member on Oct. 4, 2016 at 10:06 PM

My estrogen levels are only 53. 

I see this is an older post did they end up giving you a estrogen therapy?

Yours and my estrogen is actually at the menopausal levels.

With levels such as this it IS impacting our fertility. We will not be able to hold a pregnancy let alone get pregnant with levels this low unless we get supplements. I mean we could get pregnant but probability is very low.

BLISS
Birth, Lactation, Information & Support Services 

Alternative Childbirth Educator, Free Birth Consultant, 
Birth Doula, Placenta Encapsulation, Breastfeeding Councilor

BLISS2016
by Member on Oct. 4, 2016 at 10:09 PM

I would also look into switching to Soy inflavones which actually helps with building of lining because with low estrogen we have issues growing it

florallove92
by Group Admin on Oct. 5, 2016 at 11:43 AM
Thank you. It was only low that last cycle, it has been in range every other time and rises appropriately for ovulation too. It increased "quite nicely" as they put it lol and I did end up surging on cycle day 15 for ovulation (confirmed via blood) with a dominant follicle. The nurse said it could possibly been because of antibiotics I had taken

We are moving onto daily injectables next, we've been TTC for 4.5 years so I no longer want to try and spend time w/ alternative methods when our clinic has a treatment plan.

My lining grows appropriately too, the nurse gives me the measurement and I take Endometrin in my TWW.

Thank you

Quoting BLISS2016:

My estrogen levels are only 53. 

I see this is an older post did they end up giving you a estrogen therapy?

Yours and my estrogen is actually at the menopausal levels.

With levels such as this it IS impacting our fertility. We will not be able to hold a pregnancy let alone get pregnant with levels this low unless we get supplements. I mean we could get pregnant but probability is very low.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)