Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Positive test?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:30 PM
  • 4 Replies
Hi all!! My name is Amanda. Im 30 with 3 kids. My husband had a vasectomy 3 years ago shortly after the birth of our last daughter. Then in december I had an ablation due to mu heavy periods. Even after the ablation I still got a light period for about 3to 4 days. Well my last period was in July. Since then Ive been feeling nauseous at times, cramping off and on and I am able to express milk. A couple of days ago I thought I was getting my period but all I did was spot for a day. I took a pregnancy test a couple of days ago and I thought I saw a faint positive but the reading is gone now. I took another one and I thought maybe I was seeing a faint line but wasnt sure. Well when I came back to it a couple of hours later there were def 2 lines there. Is it possible that I was seeing a positive this morning and it got darker outside of the time frame of the test? Do they work that way? Or am I looking at an evap line? Thanks everyone for your help!!
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
musicNcaffeine
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:08 PM
That can happen. Happened with 2 of mine. Wait a couple days and test again. Is this good or bad? Obviously unexpected, but we're here for you.
Luke8212013
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:23 PM
You can't trust any test outside of the recommended time frame to read it.
Wait a few days and test again- or you could call you doctor and see if they would do a blood test for you. Good luck!
bethanymommy
by Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:26 PM
Im 6 months along now. When I first tested, I got super faint positives in the early morning. Obviously I saved the tests and by afternoon they were as dark as the control line... I have never had one sit and show up darker later and not be pregnant.
I would absolutely test again.
Protostarlc
by Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:27 PM
That's why I use a digital first response if I think I see a second line. Curious though, if hubby had a vasectomy, did it not work? I've asked my husband to get one, he put it off, and now I'm worried I'm pregnant.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)