Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Increasing chances

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:52 PM
  • 9 Replies
Do any of you know how I can increase the chance of getting pregnant on femara I'm currently taking 5mg it didn't help last month and the stupid Dr put my back on the same does I am taking 1500mg of metforim as well
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this

When you say it didn't help, do you mean you didn't ovulate or just didn't conceive? Are you on it for lack of ovulation, or for egg quality and maturity? How long have you been trying?

Keep in mind it takes a healthy couple up to 1 yr to concieve. If you are not ovulating increasing the dose may help. If you are ovulating then the dosage is more likely perfect. You can take B vitamins, Inosital, melatonin, DHEA, etc to improve egg health as well. A low dose asprin can increase blood flow to the uterus to help. Are you charting so you know you are bedding at the right times? Hopefully it will happen for you soon hun!  

daylinmom
by on Sep. 8, 2016 at 9:08 AM
I didn't ovulate on that does I've gotten pregnant with my son on femara but I was taking 10mg.

The 10mg is the only does I have even regularly ovulated with I tried telling my new Dr this but but she didn't listen so she put me on 5mg well I didn't ovulate last month even tho a opk said I did I had to go to my old Dr to help bring on a cycle I haven't had a cycle in 6 months and the 5mg didn't even bring on a cycle

Quoting NoraDun:

When you say it didn't help, do you mean you didn't ovulate or just didn't conceive? Are you on it for lack of ovulation, or for egg quality and maturity? How long have you been trying?

Keep in mind it takes a healthy couple up to 1 yr to concieve. If you are not ovulating increasing the dose may help. If you are ovulating then the dosage is more likely perfect. You can take B vitamins, Inosital, melatonin, DHEA, etc to improve egg health as well. A low dose asprin can increase blood flow to the uterus to help. Are you charting so you know you are bedding at the right times? Hopefully it will happen for you soon hun!  

florallove92
by Group Admin on Sep. 8, 2016 at 9:30 AM
Do you know how many follicles you had/if any? Do you use Ovidrel or any triggers? If not this may greatly help
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 11:17 AM

I understand the frustraition. Been there done that. I don't ovulate either. I actually use Soy! Anyway I would seek a different Dr if you aren't fond of this one. You pay her, she works for you, not the other way around. She should listen to your requests!!! 

Quoting daylinmom: I didn't ovulate on that does I've gotten pregnant with my son on femara but I was taking 10mg. The 10mg is the only does I have even regularly ovulated with I tried telling my new Dr this but but she didn't listen so she put me on 5mg well I didn't ovulate last month even tho a opk said I did I had to go to my old Dr to help bring on a cycle I haven't had a cycle in 6 months and the 5mg didn't even bring on a cycle
Quoting NoraDun:

kendraamornot
by Kendra on Sep. 8, 2016 at 12:58 PM
How do u use soy? I must know this lol.. I thought soy was bad?

Quoting NoraDun:

I understand the frustraition. Been there done that. I don't ovulate either. I actually use Soy! Anyway I would seek a different Dr if you aren't fond of this one. You pay her, she works for you, not the other way around. She should listen to your requests!!! 

Quoting daylinmom: I didn't ovulate on that does I've gotten pregnant with my son on femara but I was taking 10mg.

The 10mg is the only does I have even regularly ovulated with I tried telling my new Dr this but but she didn't listen so she put me on 5mg well I didn't ovulate last month even tho a opk said I did I had to go to my old Dr to help bring on a cycle I haven't had a cycle in 6 months and the 5mg didn't even bring on a cycle

Quoting NoraDun:

daylinmom
by on Sep. 8, 2016 at 1:36 PM
Well I do have another Dr but he's over an hour away but he well worth the trip I've started seeing him again. Because my other doesn't seem to care to help me...

But I have heard about the soy me and my hubby have talked about it I want to try and take it but I donno if it will work for me I have pcos so I'm weary of trying stuff like that..

Quoting NoraDun:

Quoting daylinmom: I didn't ovulate on that does I've gotten pregnant with my son on femara but I was taking 10mg.

Quoting NoraDun:

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 1:53 PM

It works similarly to Clomid! But with Soy less is often best. It has been awhile since I used it, but I believe I was doing 50 mg. I would have to look back. Anyway you take it 5 days just like clomid. And like clomid it causes ovulation. I conceived my last two that way. Seems to work well for me, while Clomid doesn't. And it doesnt have the side effects like clomid of thinned uterine linning and bad quality CM. For some it doesn't work however, and it shouldnt be used if you O regularly. 

Quoting kendraamornot: How do u use soy? I must know this lol.. I thought soy was bad?
Quoting NoraDun:

Quoting daylinmom: I didn't ovulate on that does I've gotten pregnant with my son on femara but I was taking 10mg. The 10mg is the only does I have even regularly ovulated with I tried telling my new Dr this but but she didn't listen so she put me on 5mg well I didn't ovulate last month even tho a opk said I did I had to go to my old Dr to help bring on a cycle I haven't had a cycle in 6 months and the 5mg didn't even bring on a cycle
Quoting NoraDun:

kendraamornot
by Kendra on Sep. 8, 2016 at 4:09 PM
Im going to look into this. As i do not ovulate

Quoting NoraDun:

It works similarly to Clomid! But with Soy less is often best. It has been awhile since I used it, but I believe I was doing 50 mg. I would have to look back. Anyway you take it 5 days just like clomid. And like clomid it causes ovulation. I conceived my last two that way. Seems to work well for me, while Clomid doesn't. And it doesnt have the side effects like clomid of thinned uterine linning and bad quality CM. For some it doesn't work however, and it shouldnt be used if you O regularly. 

Quoting kendraamornot: How do u use soy? I must know this lol.. I thought soy was bad?

Quoting NoraDun:

Quoting NoraDun:

Kimipeli
by Group Admin on Sep. 8, 2016 at 7:26 PM

Soy, like anything that can mess with hormones, can increase your chances of ovarian cancer. My mom had a borderline ovarian tumor. She had a world renowned obgyn oncologist from Cleveland Clinic, he is the one that told her to avoid soy for that reason, he explained. The type she had is not hereditary, so I don't have an increased risk of ovarian cancer, but I try to avoid soy to a degree. Also though I took Clomid for couple months, I was worried and still worried about it. I do not carry the gene for breast / ovarian cancer either, so that is good. Anyways, just wanted to tell ya, but small not constant soy is probably fine. Good luck!!!

Quoting NoraDun:

Quoting NoraDun:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)