Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Charting Question

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 5:21 AM
  • 3 Replies

We decided start trying for baby #4 around the first or second week of this month. We haven't used protection, and I've been keeping track of each time we've had sex through the fertility friend app. Here's where it gets tricky. I have hypothyroidism and I've been off my meds for almost a year. From May thru late August I had extremely heavy bleeding and several large clots daily until I got back on my synthroid. Now that I'm on it, I'm not sure when I may have another *normal* period. Those with thyroid issues know there's really no such thing as a normal cycle. I've ordered OPK and HCG tests on Amazon as well as a basal thermometer for charting, but I'm not sure when I should start. The suggestion is on the first day of your cycle, but I don't know if I should just start now or what since my cycle has been so out of whack. What would you do? Start using OPK and temping now or wait? 

by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 5:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Diamonds62009
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 8:57 AM
I usually start temping CD1 or CD2.. I start opks around CD12
Quayla
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this
You can start temping any time. I usually don't temp the first week anyway.

Opk's are tricky becauae you don't want to use more than you have to but if you have wonky cycles you don't know when to start. If your cycle is long I would wait until like CD15 to start with opk's but if it's short start on CD8.
Mikelas_Mom
by Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 4:36 PM
That's the problem...I had a period for 4 months straight because of my thyroid problems so now that I'm back on meds I have no idea when CD1 will be. I did have what felt like ovulation pain earlier this week, but I didn't have an OPK test to check. :/
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)