Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

giving up hope this month

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:42 AM
  • 6 Replies

im not so crampy anymore, tests are all negative, im still 3 days out before AF. tried taking my temp when i woke up but pretty sure i did it wrong, it was 98.3, but just sitting still for hours my temp is 99 approx. 

just not feeling hopeful. WE never get to BD the day of ovulation, this month we actually did, and im not feeling like we had luck :-( 

anyone having luck. 

by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
sweetktn
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:17 PM
Not out til she shows, and best time to bd is actually within 3 days before o so swimmers are waiting when the egg is released. :) Fxd for you! Lots of baby dust.
kajira
by Emma on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this

24 hours before, not 3 days. Most sperm lives an average of 24-48 hours... while it's possible to live up to 5 days, the best sperm is between 12-24 hours old ;)

Quoting sweetktn: Not out til she shows, and best time to bd is actually within 3 days before o so swimmers are waiting when the egg is released. :) Fxd for you! Lots of baby dust.

rwcw89
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:43 PM
I've never had luck 3 days or even one day before, anytime I've gotten preg was because we bd the day of. :-(

Quoting sweetktn: Not out til she shows, and best time to bd is actually within 3 days before o so swimmers are waiting when the egg is released. :) Fxd for you! Lots of baby dust.
rwcw89
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:48 PM
I had my pre period spotting , bleh :-(
sweetktn
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:22 PM
This is true, I was taking into account slower swimmers though. :) With my last 2 conception was 5 and 4 days after bding.

Quoting kajira:

24 hours before, not 3 days. Most sperm lives an average of 24-48 hours... while it's possible to live up to 5 days, the best sperm is between 12-24 hours old ;)

kajira
by Emma on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:25 PM

That's pretty rare. It really takes optimal cervical fluid to keep them alive that long and it's still considered pretty rare for them to live longer than 72 hours! (Not that they can't, just that it's not ideal.)

It's why NFP works. If you don't have good EWCM, you're generally safe to BD outside of your O window as long as you're charting your fertility carefully.

Quoting sweetktn: This is true, I was taking into account slower swimmers though. :) With my last 2 conception was 5 and 4 days after bding.
Quoting kajira:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)