Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Previous Ectopic, O Pain, cyst? Any ensight ladies!?

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 9:48 AM
  • 9 Replies

Alright just some background....Got pregnant in Feb, had surgery beginning of april for ectopic. The last 3 cycles I've had extreme pain typically on that side of my reproductive system (right side where ectopic was located) i've had cysts before so I am not entirely sure that is what this is. When I have this extreme pain (makes me so sick to my stomach) I can take an O test and it's pretty positive during that time. (Wondfo test line obviously darker than control) I guess I am just wondering if any other ladies who have experienced ectopic also experience this after? I've never really had O pains like this. Or maybe that tube is damaged and that is causing my extreme discomfort. Maybe I am just looking too much into this. Sorry if this is so jumbled, just trying to get out all my thoughts on this matter.

by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 9:58 AM

It is possible that your body ovulates more commonly from that side and that because of the procedure from the ectopic it has caused you to be more sensitive during ovulation. Some women have severe pain during ovulation called Mittelschmerz. I myself have pain that can double me over. It will last for about an hour or two. And once the egg pops then it eases. 

However I continue to experience some ovary pain for the first 7-9 days after ovulation. This is because my body is pretty sensitive and I can feel the corpus luteum cyst that forms after ovulation. This cyst produces the progesterone your body needs to grow a healthy uterine linning to sustain a pregnancy. And it continues to produce progesterone for the baby if conception occurs until the placenta forms and takes over. 

I also generally only ovulate from one side. I don't ovulate often and out of the times I remember I think I have only O'd once from my left side. The rest was from the right. 

All of that being said there is a possibility of cycts, blockages, or damage as that is a risk with the procedure you had. So if you are concerned mention it to your Dr for sure! 

Good luck hun

bem8489
by Brandy on Nov. 28, 2016 at 10:10 AM
I had an ectopic in June. My o pains have been much more noticeable since then. I had my tube removed, but I do know women who have had pain on the side of their ectopic due to scar tissue.
ArmyWife61411
by Hallie on Nov. 28, 2016 at 1:10 PM

That makes complete sense. I have only really noticed it on the side that the ectopic occured. It is rather painful, and I can take an O test during that painful time and it's obviously no doubt positive. I'll probably end up mentioning it at my next gyn appointment.

Quoting NoraDun:

It is possible that your body ovulates more commonly from that side and that because of the procedure from the ectopic it has caused you to be more sensitive during ovulation. Some women have severe pain during ovulation called Mittelschmerz. I myself have pain that can double me over. It will last for about an hour or two. And once the egg pops then it eases. 

However I continue to experience some ovary pain for the first 7-9 days after ovulation. This is because my body is pretty sensitive and I can feel the corpus luteum cyst that forms after ovulation. This cyst produces the progesterone your body needs to grow a healthy uterine linning to sustain a pregnancy. And it continues to produce progesterone for the baby if conception occurs until the placenta forms and takes over. 

I also generally only ovulate from one side. I don't ovulate often and out of the times I remember I think I have only O'd once from my left side. The rest was from the right. 

All of that being said there is a possibility of cycts, blockages, or damage as that is a risk with the procedure you had. So if you are concerned mention it to your Dr for sure! 

Good luck hun

ArmyWife61411
by Hallie on Nov. 28, 2016 at 1:13 PM

They did leave my tube. So it could be scar tissue. I pretty much know when I am ovulating now. I'll get the pains which are pretty uncomfortable, make me up and make me sick to my stomach. And I take a test during that time and the OPK is obviously positive. So I should be ovulating sometime in the next 12-24 hours after that.

Quoting bem8489: I had an ectopic in June. My o pains have been much more noticeable since then. I had my tube removed, but I do know women who have had pain on the side of their ectopic due to scar tissue.

Quayla
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:15 PM
Most women have a dominant ovary that they typically ovulate from. For me it's my left, I can count how many times I've ovulated from my right in 25+ years (oh but when I have it hurts soooo bad, I don't even want to pee).

It may be more irritating to you now because of scar tissue. Since it's been a few months it might be a good idea to check and make sure everything healed well. It probably has and this is your new normal.
ArmyWife61411
by Hallie on Nov. 29, 2016 at 9:24 AM

Makes sense. I'll have to get myself in for a check up. At least I can so I am most likely ovulating and will continue to try for baby 2. =) Just wishing it wasn't so painful.

Quoting Quayla: Most women have a dominant ovary that they typically ovulate from. For me it's my left, I can count how many times I've ovulated from my right in 25+ years (oh but when I have it hurts soooo bad, I don't even want to pee). It may be more irritating to you now because of scar tissue. Since it's been a few months it might be a good idea to check and make sure everything healed well. It probably has and this is your new normal.

kelly617
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2016 at 10:43 AM

I never had O pains until after I had my first child
after that I would get ovulation pains so bad I would throw up...so it could be that

I have also heard from ladies that have had their tubes tied/cut/burned that they get bad pains at O time...worse than they ever did before their tubal...

I think our bodies can change and we also become more attuned to what is going on

momoffour2013
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2016 at 4:06 PM
I was sensitive after my ectopic but got pregnant 2 weeks later
Beautifulmom513
by Member on Nov. 29, 2016 at 4:12 PM

I had my ectopic pregnancy about 12 years ago. I have never felt strong O pain like that. Might get a little crampy. But its barely noticeable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)