Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

One vs the other

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 11:47 AM
  • 2 Replies
Any ladies who have had no success with Letrozole (no success as in 1 to no follicles, not no pregnancy) have luck with Clomid?
by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Generally speaking it is more common for women to have success with the femara after failing to have success with the clomid. Femara is generally less harsh on the body, and has less risk of uterine thinning and pregnancy loss than clomid as well. How many cycles have you used Femara? Maybe you need to try a few more cycles, tweak dosage, etc? 

I have never tried femara. OBs around here refuse to prescribe it because it has not been studied and verified as a fertility drug, only in use in cancer patients (atleast that was so when I was trying with my 4th in 2013 may of changed by now) I did try many cycles of clomid.  I was on it for a year unmonitored while TTC my 2nd and never even Od on it. Then was on it for a few cycles while TTC my 4th and managed to O once on it but didnt conceive. I did have luck on Soy but obviously if you are going through an OB or RE that would not be recommended as it is more of witch Dr herbal med kinda deal. 

florallove92
by Group Admin on Nov. 28, 2016 at 1:30 PM
I have typed my reply 2x now and have lost it both times, agh!!! Lol

Our fertility Dr uses Letrozole as the first go-to medication for the exact reason you described :) I haven't taken Clomid yet under his care. I did one unmonitored cycle on 50mg with my regular obgyn, so I'm not sure of the response I had, my Dr described it perfectly to me that being unmonitored was like Russian roulette, it is so true! lol

So far with our clinic now (including this month) I've done 6 rounds of Letrozole. One at 5mg - I had a chemical and then 5 rounds @ 7.5mg, I had to cancel 3x due to kidney stones and bronchitis, ugh! I had one full cycle where I got to trigger. 7.5mg is the max he prescribes understandably. This cycle my estrogen was high on day 5 then dropped on day 9 and now today it increased again. So we are taking it day by day, but I assume it will not be a good cycle, but not sure.

If we were TTC #2 I would be very open to alternative methods but since we are at 4.5 years still going for #1, that is why we are only persuing medical treatments/interventions :(

Sorry I wrote a novel!

Quoting NoraDun:

Generally speaking it is more common for women to have success with the femara after failing to have success with the clomid. Femara is generally less harsh on the body, and has less risk of uterine thinning and pregnancy loss than clomid as well. How many cycles have you used Femara? Maybe you need to try a few more cycles, tweak dosage, etc? 

I have never tried femara. OBs around here refuse to prescribe it because it has not been studied and verified as a fertility drug, only in use in cancer patients (atleast that was so when I was trying with my 4th in 2013 may of changed by now) I did try many cycles of clomid.  I was on it for a year unmonitored while TTC my 2nd and never even Od on it. Then was on it for a few cycles while TTC my 4th and managed to O once on it but didnt conceive. I did have luck on Soy but obviously if you are going through an OB or RE that would not be recommended as it is more of witch Dr herbal med kinda deal. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)