Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about Cervical fluid in pregnancy. kind of TMI

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 2:56 PM
  • 3 Replies

Hey, I hope that you are doing good ladies, I have a question about CF, I  just checked and cervix is high and CF is like thick and creamy.  Do you know if that´s the CF normal for pregnancy?

I´m 10 days late, on cd 43 when usually is 33 to 37 I have had a cold like for 4 days and sometimes nausea after eating,  I tested on monday when I was 8 days late and it was a BFN. I´m not hopeful anymore just curious about that CF 

by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 2:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Quayla
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 5:18 PM
CM is a horrible predictor of anything other than ovulation. Yes thick creamy cm is common in early pregnancy but it's also common in anovulatory cycles, pre ovulation and post ovulation. It's one of those symptoms you can look back on and realize it was a sign but in no way can it stand alone.

Are you tracking to confirm ovulation? You say you're late but how many dpo are you?
wishfulMom1031
by Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:36 PM

well another reason to not be hopeful, yes,  this was my 1st cycle on clomid from cd5 to cd9, However the Dr said that most likely it didn´t work because I went to a follie scan on cd16 and cd20 and on cd20 I only had one follie measuring 16mm according to him it was not good so  he decided not to use ovridel, so bottom line I had  no clue if I O. or not,  Oh my progesterone test came 14.3 and the sample was taken on cd26 I had no idea why he ordered it that date, because I´ve read normally should be read cd21 or 7 days after O.  so I´m completely confused right now. 

I´m suppose to start 2nd round of clomid this time 100mg and from CD3 to CD7, I guess I´ll call the Dr´s office tomorrow to let him know that AF hasn´t showed up yet and see what he recommends.

Quoting Quayla: CM is a horrible predictor of anything other than ovulation. Yes thick creamy cm is common in early pregnancy but it's also common in anovulatory cycles, pre ovulation and post ovulation. It's one of those symptoms you can look back on and realize it was a sign but in no way can it stand alone. Are you tracking to confirm ovulation? You say you're late but how many dpo are you?

wishfulMom1031
by Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 10:07 PM

If I assumed I O.  on cd 24 or 25,based on the progesterone test,  I´m at 22dpo maybe.  

Quoting Quayla: CM is a horrible predictor of anything other than ovulation. Yes thick creamy cm is common in early pregnancy but it's also common in anovulatory cycles, pre ovulation and post ovulation. It's one of those symptoms you can look back on and realize it was a sign but in no way can it stand alone. Are you tracking to confirm ovulation? You say you're late but how many dpo are you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)