Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

100mg of clomid already?

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:50 AM
  • 11 Replies
Haven't had a natural period since I stopped b.c. July 2016. OB gave me provera I October to induce a period in hopes of that regulating me but it didn't. So she gave me clomid to use this cycle since I haven't been ovulating either. This is my first time ever taking this medication. Most people say they only take 50mg once a day. She's saying dor me to do 50mg twice a day. I'm nervous about getting pregnant with twins. So going straight to 100mg seems a little off to me. What do you think?
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kimipeli
by Group Admin on Jan. 13, 2017 at 5:49 PM

I think I would ask her why she is going to 100 mg skipping 50mg... I was not successful with any dosage. Maybe she thinks given the Provera didn't work the lowest dose won't work for you with the Clomid. (I think many woman end up on higher doses to get pregnant). Any ways, I think your best answer will be found with the doc. Also, I took the higher dosage all at once, so not sure why 2 doses a day for you instead of taking 2 pills together? There might be good reason though for it... Good luck! FX!!! Sending you lots of baby dust!!!

Diamonds62009
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:31 PM
If you dont want to start at 100 just do 50 and tell your dr
coffeemom37043
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 9:17 AM
Getting a hold of anyone in the office takes days and I start today. I called yesterday but no one got back to me so I'm just going to start at the 100mg and trust that she knows what she's doing.

Quoting Kimipeli:

I think I would ask her why she is going to 100 mg skipping 50mg... I was not successful with any dosage. Maybe she thinks given the Provera didn't work the lowest dose won't work for you with the Clomid. (I think many woman end up on higher doses to get pregnant). Any ways, I think your best answer will be found with the doc. Also, I took the higher dosage all at once, so not sure why 2 doses a day for you instead of taking 2 pills together? There might be good reason though for it... Good luck! FX!!! Sending you lots of baby dust!!!

Kimipeli
by Group Admin on Jan. 14, 2017 at 11:09 AM

That's terrible! I'm very sorry!

Quoting coffeemom37043: Getting a hold of anyone in the office takes days and I start today. I called yesterday but no one got back to me so I'm just going to start at the 100mg and trust that she knows what she's doing.
Quoting Kimipeli:

daylinmom
by on Jan. 15, 2017 at 1:30 AM
Everyone is different she could just be trying to make sure your more successful on a high dose then a lower given that it take days to get a hold of the office is probably why it's higher.

Good luck hope it all works out for you, clomid never worked for me, had to take the higest dose of femara to get pregnant even after we found out it was the righ doseage it still took 6 cycles for me to get pregnant.

Lots baby dust to you
coffeemom37043
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2017 at 8:54 AM
I'm trying not to get my hopes up just incase but it is hard. I haven't ovulated in months so just the fact that I will be is getting me excited. I'm glad that you found something that works for you :)

Quoting daylinmom: Everyone is different she could just be trying to make sure your more successful on a high dose then a lower given that it take days to get a hold of the office is probably why it's higher.

Good luck hope it all works out for you, clomid never worked for me, had to take the higest dose of femara to get pregnant even after we found out it was the righ doseage it still took 6 cycles for me to get pregnant.

Lots baby dust to you
daylinmom
by on Jan. 15, 2017 at 2:29 PM
Yea it's very hard not to get your hopes up but hopefully on a higher dose you will ovulate.

Do you chart , that really helped me figure out that I was ovulating the first couple months.

Quoting coffeemom37043: I'm trying not to get my hopes up just incase but it is hard. I haven't ovulated in months so just the fact that I will be is getting me excited. I'm glad that you found something that works for you :)

Quoting daylinmom: Everyone is different she could just be trying to make sure your more successful on a high dose then a lower given that it take days to get a hold of the office is probably why it's higher.

Lots baby dust to you
rachel216
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2017 at 2:33 PM
I got nothing but good luck! Lots of baby dust your way
florallove92
by Group Admin on Jan. 15, 2017 at 9:48 PM
Is cycle monitoring a possibility? So then your Dr can track your follicles and how many, etc :)
MommyJenn413
by Member on Jan. 16, 2017 at 10:58 AM

My doctor started me on 2 pills this month too. He told me he'd increase it every month up to 8 pills until I'm pregnant. He said your chances go up but doesn't mean you will have twins according to my dr.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)