Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

IVF and Doner eggs

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 3:19 PM
  • 1 Replies
I've had 4 mc in the past 2 1/2 years. No really reason why except poor egg quality. I've been doing a lot of research I to this option. My fertility re doesn't want to do a harvest on me because of my mc in the past. He thinks eggs doner is the best chance.

I'm 100% ok with that. Especially after reading that the embryo does absorb some the mothers dna via a secretion in the womb and microRNA.

My insurance covers all but 1500.00 of the ivf and cost of doner eggs.

I am a little confused about how and what kind of meds I'd need to take because I'd go frozen and not fresh.

I still have lots of questions regarding everything but was wondering if anyone here had any input.
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Kimipeli
by Group Admin on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:05 PM

Wow, I am so happy that your insurance covers as much as it does! That is wonderful... As for pricing, my RE gave us a list of meds that we needed for the type of IVF we would use, including pharmacies to call to see how much and whichever had better pricing. So, I think best bet is call the nurse and ask for that to be emailed to you. They should be able to do that without you seeing them again. Other then that, I don't know. Good luck though! Sorry, for your previous losses. FX for you and sending you lots of baby dust!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)