Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So confused!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:10 PM
  • 4 Replies
I used to know with little doubt when I would ovulate based on cm. I haven't had a period due to breastfeeding but am weaning now and watching for signs...well, last week I was pretty sure I was going to ovulate on the 11th. But then I have had ewcm on and off since then! I'm just so confused! Today I'm feeling crampy at times too. I just don't know what is going on anymore lol!
by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
babyboxfish
by on Jan. 19, 2017 at 11:25 PM

awww hope you're feeling a little better today. here's a bump.

Quayla
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2017 at 9:03 AM
The first few cycles can be a bit wonky. It sounds like your body is gearing up but not quite hitting all the right hormone levels to ovulate. Be patient, it should happen.

Some women are more sensitive to the elevated estrogen levels during breastfeeding than others. Estrogen levels that are too high will inhibit ovulation. Weaning will help bring levels down but it can take a bit to get settled, just like when women come off off hormonal contraception.
alkakfnxcpoem
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2017 at 12:57 PM
Thanks! Now that you mention it I had a similar problem coming off the pill. No period for eleven months. It was crazy! But the ewcm is more intense this last week so hopefully it won't be quite so long. Baby girl is down to just one feeding in the morning and she'll be off that one in a few days.

Quoting Quayla: The first few cycles can be a bit wonky. It sounds like your body is gearing up but not quite hitting all the right hormone levels to ovulate. Be patient, it should happen.

Some women are more sensitive to the elevated estrogen levels during breastfeeding than others. Estrogen levels that are too high will inhibit ovulation. Weaning will help bring levels down but it can take a bit to get settled, just like when women come off off hormonal contraception.
alkakfnxcpoem
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2017 at 12:58 PM
Thanks! Still confused about my body but I feel just fine!

Quoting babyboxfish:

awww hope you're feeling a little better today. here's a bump.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)