Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weightloss

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:59 PM
  • 9 Replies

I know a few of us have mentioned we are trying to lose weight to help with our TTC efforts..

I just wanted to check in and see how everyone (that wanted to lose weight) is doing? 

What kind of goals have you set for yourself and what are you doing to achieve them?

by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kman88
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:02 PM

My ultimate goal is to lose 90lbs. I have lost 20 in the past year so have 70 more to go. 

I quit drinking soda, and try to go to the gym 3-4 times a week. Unfortunately I missed Tuesday (I usually go with my neighbor and we both had stuff going on, by the time I was done I had no motivation and she couldnt so I didnt go - I need to stop relying on other people to give me motivation to go) and yesterday because DH was working and I had no one to watch DD.. I WILL go today!! 

bem8489
by Brandy on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:35 PM
I've lost 8.5 pounds in the last 3 weeks. I go to the gym 5-6 days a week and I'm also a weight watcher member. My goal is to get under 200. I'm currently 226. I have an appointment with my obgyn in April and I'm going to see if she will give me a letter saying it's okay for me to stop at 175 lbs. I don't think I'll look right much thinner.
kman88
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:57 PM

Why do you need a letter saying when you can stop?

My goal is 160. I think I would look weird much smaller then that! 

PS- Congrats on the 8.5 in 3 weeks. I dont weigh myself unless im at the doctor, and once a year with my works wellness program. Thats where Im basing the 20lbs on.. Though from my heaviest Im down like 23 total. 

Quoting bem8489: I've lost 8.5 pounds in the last 3 weeks. I go to the gym 5-6 days a week and I'm also a weight watcher member. My goal is to get under 200. I'm currently 226. I have an appointment with my obgyn in April and I'm going to see if she will give me a letter saying it's okay for me to stop at 175 lbs. I don't think I'll look right much thinner.

bem8489
by Brandy on Jan. 26, 2017 at 6:08 PM
With weight watchers you can become a lifetime member and not have to pay anymore once you reach goal. But goal had to be what is considered healthy for your height unless you get your doctor to say another weight is okay.

Quoting kman88:

PS- Congrats on the 8.5 in 3 weeks. I dont weigh myself unless im at the doctor, and once a year with my works wellness program. Thats where Im basing the 20lbs on.. Though from my heaviest Im down like 23 total. 

Quoting bem8489: I've lost 8.5 pounds in the last 3 weeks. I go to the gym 5-6 days a week and I'm also a weight watcher member. My goal is to get under 200. I'm currently 226. I have an appointment with my obgyn in April and I'm going to see if she will give me a letter saying it's okay for me to stop at 175 lbs. I don't think I'll look right much thinner.

kman88
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:42 PM

Gotcha. I've thought about doing weight watchers, but idk if I wanna talk to people about my weight. And I'm terrible at tracking what I eat so I'd probably give up on the point system. 

Quoting bem8489: With weight watchers you can become a lifetime member and not have to pay anymore once you reach goal. But goal had to be what is considered healthy for your height unless you get your doctor to say another weight is okay.
Quoting kman88:

Quayla
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:05 PM
Something to think about: http://healthybabycode.com/5-myths-about-pregnancy-nutrition-1-a-low-fat-diet-is-the-best-choice

I was on a high fat low carb diet for for weight loss for awhile so I don't have anything to compare it to. I did switch to a maintenance diet since I was still breastfeeding when we decided to try, I wanted to have as much advantage as possible.

kman88
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2017 at 7:58 AM

LOL - Thanks for the info, but the extent of my dieting is portion control, which I totally need!!! I overeat terribly. I dont watch what I eat though! My DH is skinny minny and has all kinds of junk in our house so the temptations get the best of me.

Im trying to achieve weightloss by working out and portion control. 

Quoting Quayla: Something to think about: http://healthybabycode.com/5-myths-about-pregnancy-nutrition-1-a-low-fat-diet-is-the-best-choice I was on a high fat low carb diet for for weight loss for awhile so I don't have anything to compare it to. I did switch to a maintenance diet since I was still breastfeeding when we decided to try, I wanted to have as much advantage as possible.

Quayla
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2017 at 10:59 AM
Omg tell me about it. I spent most of my whole life on a diet, 17+ years of my adult life. I was either over eating or dieting. Dieting felt like starving and I could never trust myself when I felt hungry. After dealing with one food allergy after another I found keto and finally found what worked for me. Being able to trust my body and eat when I want and as much as I feel I need and still lose weight was the best thing that ever happened to me. I get ya.

The main reason I bring up going low fat is that fat is quite essential to conceiving. Not just that, lower fat tends to be higher in carbs. Carbs can cause damage and inflammation to the body which cholesterol then has to repair. Cholesterol is really important with one of it's main jobs being hormone transport. Hormones don't just flow through our bodies getting from point A to point B on their own. They hop on molecules of cholesterol. If cholesterol is backed up in the body it can't perform this much needed job.

Quoting kman88:

LOL - Thanks for the info, but the extent of my dieting is portion control, which I totally need!!! I overeat terribly. I dont watch what I eat though! My DH is skinny minny and has all kinds of junk in our house so the temptations get the best of me.

Quoting Quayla: Something to think about: http://healthybabycode.com/5-myths-about-pregnancy-nutrition-1-a-low-fat-diet-is-the-best-choice

I was on a high fat low carb diet for for weight loss for awhile so I don't have anything to compare it to. I did switch to a maintenance diet since I was still breastfeeding when we decided to try, I wanted to have as much advantage as possible.

kman88
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2017 at 11:31 AM

I have thought about checking out the Keto diet... Its just really hard to diet in my house with my husbands eating habits.

I do know I have good cholesterol. I get it checked every year for my works wellness exam. I just got it checked last week and they said it was good. 

Quoting Quayla: Omg tell me about it. I spent most of my whole life on a diet, 17+ years of my adult life. I was either over eating or dieting. Dieting felt like starving and I could never trust myself when I felt hungry. After dealing with one food allergy after another I found keto and finally found what worked for me. Being able to trust my body and eat when I want and as much as I feel I need and still lose weight was the best thing that ever happened to me. I get ya. The main reason I bring up going low fat is that fat is quite essential to conceiving. Not just that, lower fat tends to be higher in carbs. Carbs can cause damage and inflammation to the body which cholesterol then has to repair. Cholesterol is really important with one of it's main jobs being hormone transport. Hormones don't just flow through our bodies getting from point A to point B on their own. They hop on molecules of cholesterol. If cholesterol is backed up in the body it can't perform this much needed job.
Quoting kman88:

Quoting Quayla: Something to think about: http://healthybabycode.com/5-myths-about-pregnancy-nutrition-1-a-low-fat-diet-is-the-best-choice I was on a high fat low carb diet for for weight loss for awhile so I don't have anything to compare it to. I did switch to a maintenance diet since I was still breastfeeding when we decided to try, I wanted to have as much advantage as possible.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)