• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I guess I'm not completely gone... or done. haha.

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:05 PM
  • 9 Replies

Ok....... theres been a bump in the road and I need some help and advice here.

So here's how this went....

I had my period as expected, nothing unusal or different about it. -besides a lot of sexual frustration....... on both ends haha.

it ended and we went back to it. omg, what a sex life now, it's freaking incredible! what can I say, I'm truly happy!! =)

wellll.... now I'm anywhere from 5-7 days away from my next AF.... for the past 5 days, I've legit been "craving" pizza, I woke up and puked the one morning, apparently i've been moody and grumpy. I'm actually really tired today, and I've been falling asleep between 930-10pm, i usually can stay up until 12-1am with no problems. - unless I'm actually sick/have a cold.  my boobs are sore, heavy -feeling, and I have super sensitive nipples, and I feel like I'm constantly hungry!!! omg, this is awful.

we're still looking for a house and I've decided to wait until we have the house to go back to court for my son and custody. and now this..... so I'm trying to get all this situated and figured out and now I have one more thing on the list... lord help me.

(my bf is 47! I really don't think this is good timing, I get I'm only 26, but I'm happy with my life now...... not to mention, he had testicular cancer YEARS ago and he was told he'd probably never have kids again and last I saw my OB/GYN she said she was about 99% the reason I hadn't been able to conceive again was due to severly blocked tubes..... so what's going on?!!)

Thanks ladies!

*** Please no judgement about our ages!!! ***

by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kman88
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:09 PM

Progesterone rising causes these symptoms. Though if your not using protection it definitely could be a pregnancy. I would say now is a good time to get on Birth Control or buy some condoms if pregnancy is not what you want, and of course if your not already pregnant.. 

Amanda-x3
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:12 PM

Quoting kman88:

Progesterone rising causes these symptoms. Though if your not using protection it definitely could be a pregnancy. I would say now is a good time to get on Birth Control or buy some condoms if pregnancy is not what you want, and of course if your not already pregnant.. 

I don't know much regarding this hormone... maybe you can explain it a little more and help me better understand??

It's not that either of us 100% DON'T want anymore kids, its the fact we were both told we most likely wouldn't ever have anymore, and we both grew to accept that fact.... this is more of a shock than anything else. 

If it turns out that I AM, then I'll be getting my tubes tied after the fact.

kman88
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:22 PM

Progesterone starts to rise after ovulation(thats why PMS is PREmenstural Syndrome) . Im not super knowledgeable about it either, but I know if you have low progesterone you likely cannot concieve or it can cause miscarriage.  

If you are not pregnant then your Progesterone drops and you start your period. 

So for me like 3 DPO I get achey boobs, moody, and food cravings like crazy. Then I know when my boobs stop hurting, I will start my period 1-2 days later. 

Quoting Amanda-x3:

Quoting kman88:

I don't know much regarding this hormone... maybe you can explain it a little more and help me better understand??

It's not that either of us 100% DON'T want anymore kids, its the fact we were both told we most likely wouldn't ever have anymore, and we both grew to accept that fact.... this is more of a shock than anything else. 

Amanda-x3
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:28 PM

Ok, last month  I just had achy boobs, nothing like this! but they got even more achy before AF, they didn't stop aching until day 4 of AF. Then this month, they didn't start aching until .... well about a week ago.

JAN AF 1/4/17 to 1/26/17 (23 days)

JAN 2nd AF 1/27/17 to 1/31/17 (on day 20 now) so if i'm on a 23 day pattern, could that make any sense as to how i feel? I'm so utterly confused with  my body... FF is saying next AF is due 2/22/17 that's why I'm assumed I was 5-7 days away from it.... I guess I'm actually THREE to Seven days away then.... omg. *face palm*

Quoting kman88:

Progesterone starts to rise after ovulation(thats why PMS is PREmenstural Syndrome) . Im not super knowledgeable about it either, but I know if you have low progesterone you likely cannot concieve or it can cause miscarriage.  

If you are not pregnant then your Progesterone drops and you start your period. 

So for me like 3 DPO I get achey boobs, moody, and food cravings like crazy. Then I know when my boobs stop hurting, I will start my period 1-2 days later. 

Quoting Amanda-x3:

Quoting kman88:

Kimipeli
by Group Admin on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:46 PM

I don't really know how to answer this. Yes, it could be pregnancy. If you are only 3 dpo though, theoretically it is unlikely the symptoms are from this, actually if you are under 6 dpo it is unlikely. Of course there are woman who do say they have symptoms at second they are done dtd. Technically you are not to have symptoms until Implantation occurs, and technically should get a positive on a test if having symptoms. That all is technically and there are always exceptions to the rules. Anyways, I agree with kman, it may just be Progesterone. Maybe you don't ovulate often and this time you truly ovulated and that is why the symptoms are so bad??? Maybe you were actually sick with a small stomach bug? Not sure. Either way, I hope you get whichever you want!!!!! Also, glad to hear you are happy!!

Amanda-x3
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have ovulated around cd 10-12, i've used OPKs in the past for extended periods of times, cd10, 11, 12 are my ovulation days.

Otherwise, I have no idea what is going on......

and thank you, we're extremely happy together. =)
crazy how things turned out for me, but it's great! 

Quoting Kimipeli:

I don't really know how to answer this. Yes, it could be pregnancy. If you are only 3 dpo though, theoretically it is unlikely the symptoms are from this, actually if you are under 6 dpo it is unlikely. Of course there are woman who do say they have symptoms at second they are done dtd. Technically you are not to have symptoms until Implantation occurs, and technically should get a positive on a test if having symptoms. That all is technically and there are always exceptions to the rules. Anyways, I agree with kman, it may just be Progesterone. Maybe you don't ovulate often and this time you truly ovulated and that is why the symptoms are so bad??? Maybe you were actually sick with a small stomach bug? Not sure. Either way, I hope you get whichever you want!!!!! Also, glad to hear you are happy!!

Quayla
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 6:26 PM
The numbers are confusing because I don't have a calendar to look at. You're flipping between calendar days and cycle days. Here's what I'm understanding: you have a 23 day cycle, using opk's you believe you ovulate between cd10 and 12 (no temping to confirm so actual ovulation could be up to 48 hours later). That appears to leave you with a short follicular phase but a normal luteal phase.

If we take a medium cd12 for ovulation assuming early positive opk with 48 hours delay that would put you at about 7dpo. You could possibly be having some symptoms of pregnancy though it's early. You could start testing in 3 days or so.

Progesterone, pregnant or not is the hormone reaponsible for your symptoms. It causes both PMS and early pregnancy symptoms.

As far as the "unusual symptoms" they are normal. Maybe not typical for you but you are getting to the end of peak fertility and what you've known as the most stable time in your cycle. Changes happen. This is not a talk about how you're so old so don't take it that way (I'm 40btw). It's just the changes that happen slowly and subtly and sometimes you'll just have an off month. Plus when you start really paying attention to your cycle you will see things you didn't before.
Amanda-x3
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:49 PM
Thanks for the explanation.
Yeah I did temp before too, knowing that those days are my O days... hasn't helped much, I had been trying over 6 years. I just gave up. Ha. Now look.... that's my luck.

Quoting Quayla: The numbers are confusing because I don't have a calendar to look at. You're flipping between calendar days and cycle days. Here's what I'm understanding: you have a 23 day cycle, using opk's you believe you ovulate between cd10 and 12 (no temping to confirm so actual ovulation could be up to 48 hours later). That appears to leave you with a short follicular phase but a normal luteal phase.

If we take a medium cd12 for ovulation assuming early positive opk with 48 hours delay that would put you at about 7dpo. You could possibly be having some symptoms of pregnancy though it's early. You could start testing in 3 days or so.

Progesterone, pregnant or not is the hormone reaponsible for your symptoms. It causes both PMS and early pregnancy symptoms.

As far as the "unusual symptoms" they are normal. Maybe not typical for you but you are getting to the end of peak fertility and what you've known as the most stable time in your cycle. Changes happen. This is not a talk about how you're so old so don't take it that way (I'm 40btw). It's just the changes that happen slowly and subtly and sometimes you'll just have an off month. Plus when you start really paying attention to your cycle you will see things you didn't before.
Quayla
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this
My ex an I tried for 3 years and never had anything close to a positive. It wasn't for lack of trying, believe me.

With my now husband we can even think about maybe having sex without there being a possibility. I'm pretty sure that our third was just from thought alone(She was actually from sex with a diaphragm and spermicide 5 days before ovulation. He was halfway across the country for a week so there were no other opportunities). I think so much of it is genetic and out of our control.

Well, best wishes. I hope you get what you're wanting however that up looking.

Quoting Amanda-x3: Thanks for the explanation.
Yeah I did temp before too, knowing that those days are my O days... hasn't helped much, I had been trying over 6 years. I just gave up. Ha. Now look.... that's my luck.

Quoting Quayla: The numbers are confusing because I don't have a calendar to look at. You're flipping between calendar days and cycle days. Here's what I'm understanding: you have a 23 day cycle, using opk's you believe you ovulate between cd10 and 12 (no temping to confirm so actual ovulation could be up to 48 hours later). That appears to leave you with a short follicular phase but a normal luteal phase.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)