Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone tried these OPKS?

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 5:41 PM
  • 2 Replies

I bought these a few months back, they were cheapies. They came in the same package as similar cheapies I had tried in the past that worked well, but these tests are different looking. With PCOS and not Oing regularly I haven't had a ton of chances to use them. But generally I get absolutely NO line on them. Even the one time I tested when I did O (Confirmed by AF 14 days later) I didn't get a line. I had wondfos I was using for awhile along with these and I would see an almost positive on the wondfos, and still no line on these. 

Fast forward to today and my ovary pains, I thought for kicks I would take one. And their is a line. (FYI I am well aware that in order for an opk to be positive the test line has to be as darker darker than the control line) 

I am just curious if anyone else has used these? If they ever got a positive? 

I dont think I am ovulating as other than a very high cervix I have no other signs. But I have heard that ovarian cysts can cause an LH surge. I hate PCOS (as if I haven't said that enough) 

by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 5:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
vkp23
by Virginia on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:36 PM

I do not know that brand so I couldn't help with that.  BUT, I have had the same issue with reg line tests in general.  I always have a line but never would actually get a positive on them even though I would confirm O with temps. However, the pink cap clearblue digi I CAN get a positive on.  I guess cause they test dif than reg line tests.  My obgyn told me though not to use the purple cap ones. He saiid they were no good for women with pcos.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this

With the wondfos I have never O'd and not gotten a positive, never gotten a positive and not O'd. They are the only ones I have used that have worked well. I have never tried the digi tests though. With me having PCOS and only Oing once or twice a year, I would waste way to much money peeing on them daily! If I had regular cycles I would love to try them. 

Quoting vkp23:

I do not know that brand so I couldn't help with that.  BUT, I have had the same issue with reg line tests in general.  I always have a line but never would actually get a positive on them even though I would confirm O with temps. However, the pink cap clearblue digi I CAN get a positive on.  I guess cause they test dif than reg line tests.  My obgyn told me though not to use the purple cap ones. He saiid they were no good for women with pcos.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)