Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Clearblue ovulation tests

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:25 AM
  • 6 Replies

I used these when getting pregnant with my son, so I decided to get them again this time. Only thing is I only used them one day and I had the solid smiley face, so I didn't use it again. This time I decided to start them when it says on the package, so first day big fat nothing...and now 3 days of flashing smiley faces. I'm not worried yet, since it says the average woman gets at least 4 flashy smiles first. But reading reviews if this test and women saying they had 5 to 10 flashy smiles and no solid, has me questioning it. I know they say in them DO NOT USE IF YOU HAVE PCOS....ok but I do and it worked once. So if any of you ladies use these or have can you share your thoughts & experiences with me. Thanks <3

by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
shiarhars
by Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:17 AM

I used them before and gotten the steady smily face still didnt get pregnant then but I think that was due to my mile case of endo that I didnt know I had. I also started testing from what the instructions say about 5 days or so after or something like that. how long have you been trying?

Quoting ShawnsMom31:

I used these when getting pregnant with my son, so I decided to get them again this time. Only thing is I only used them one day and I had the solid smiley face, so I didn't use it again. This time I decided to start them when it says on the package, so first day big fat nothing...and now 3 days of flashing smiley faces. I'm not worried yet, since it says the average woman gets at least 4 flashy smiles first. But reading reviews if this test and women saying they had 5 to 10 flashy smiles and no solid, has me questioning it. I know they say in them DO NOT USE IF YOU HAVE PCOS....ok but I do and it worked once. So if any of you ladies use these or have can you share your thoughts & experiences with me. Thanks <3

ShawnsMom31
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:21 AM

My son is 15 months now, and we have been trying about 6 months. Im 42 now, so that's forever at my age & with all my issues. Next after this, is probably back to the fertility doctor, but thought Id try one more time by ourselves. Are you trying other methods currently?

Quoting shiarhars:

I used them before and gotten the steady smily face still didnt get pregnant then but I think that was due to my mile case of endo that I didnt know I had. I also started testing from what the instructions say about 5 days or so after or something like that. how long have you been trying?

Quoting ShawnsMom31:

shiarhars
by Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:22 PM
Girl i tried all kinds of stuff. We did fertility cycle and this go around i added some vitamins supplements, Castro oil pack, essential oils, yoga, acupunture, and change my diet. We had been trying for years and finally got bfp. I actually saw a dramatic change in all my tests this go around.

Quoting ShawnsMom31:

My son is 15 months now, and we have been trying about 6 months. Im 42 now, so that's forever at my age & with all my issues. Next after this, is probably back to the fertility doctor, but thought Id try one more time by ourselves. Are you trying other methods currently?

Quoting shiarhars:

Quoting ShawnsMom31:

shiarhars
by Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:23 PM
Oh and by the way the clock is ticking on my end so I know what you may be feeling.

Quoting ShawnsMom31:

Quoting shiarhars:

Quoting ShawnsMom31:

vkp23
by Virginia on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this

My doc told me not to use the purple cap ones.  It tests for LH and estrogen and since I have pcos, they would do me know good.  Hope this helps!

ShawnsMom31
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

I have PCOS also, and I use those ones. They did work the first time. So I decided to use them again. The first few times I had big fat o's , so something is going on if I get flashy smiles. I've also added cheap ovulation strips yesterday and today...I think it's getting better 🤔 my chart says I should ovulate tomorrow 🙏🏼

Quoting vkp23:

My doc told me not to use the purple cap ones.  It tests for LH and estrogen and since I have pcos, they would do me know good.  Hope this helps!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)