Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Too soon to be disappointed?

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:56 AM
  • 13 Replies

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to have baby #3 for the last 3 months with no luck so far.  I'm hoping this is the month! My period is due the 27th of this month, but I just have a gut feeling this is it! I have been running to the bathroom every 30 minutes to pee and my breasts are swollen and tender. These were the first two signs with my other to children. I have been nervous ever since my miscarriage in May of 2013 about becoming pregnant again. I took a First Response Early Detection Test this morning and it came back negative. Was it too early to test? Has anyone had a positive after feeling the disappointment of a negative?

Thanks!

by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
karyn9902
by Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:02 AM

when ever a test is negative for me it always is but thats just me. Everyone is different. But dont worry. It took me 8 months to conceive baby number 4 and another 8 months for baby number 5. It sure is frustrating when it takes that long.

ShawnsMom31
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:07 AM

They say you can get a positive 6 days before a period is due, for me closer to 3/4 days to actually see 2 lines. So if your period is only 3 days away theoretically you should get a positive if your pregnant, try a digital, no guessing. Good luck, hoping you get a BFP :)

GracesMama2009
by Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:16 AM

Thank you! Maybe its just wishful thinking at this point lol.

Quayla
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:35 AM
2 moms liked this
When a pregnancy test say "As soon 5 days before a missed period" they are assuming a 14 day luteal phase. For me that would never work. My luteal phase is only 11 to 12 days, 5 days would put me at just 6 or 7 days past ovulation. That's just not enough time after ovulatation for hcg to have risen to the point it could be caught on a test. That's assuming implantation even occurs.

If your luteal phase is 14 days than 5 days before is 9dpo, still a slim chance of a positive but more likely than 6dpo. If you track at all reasonable teating (or testing with the actual expectation of a positive) shouldn't start before 10dpo.

That said, I start testing around 7/8 dpo but have never gotten a positive until 10 dpo at the earliest.
shiarhars
by Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:00 AM

Did you test with fmu? I like using the first response and they have always been accurate. I tested 4 days before my period and got my bfp. I would give it a couple days and test again. FX! hope you get your bfp!!

Quoting GracesMama2009:

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to have baby #3 for the last 3 months with no luck so far.  I'm hoping this is the month! My period is due the 27th of this month, but I just have a gut feeling this is it! I have been running to the bathroom every 30 minutes to pee and my breasts are swollen and tender. These were the first two signs with my other to children. I have been nervous ever since my miscarriage in May of 2013 about becoming pregnant again. I took a First Response Early Detection Test this morning and it came back negative. Was it too early to test? Has anyone had a positive after feeling the disappointment of a negative?

Thanks!

GracesMama2009
by Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:04 AM

No I didnt't; I couldn't get the pregnancy test until 8AM and was up at 5AM to pee lol. I think I will wait until Thursday and try again ..

GracesMama2009
by Member on Apr. 25, 2017 at 1:26 PM

Mobile Photo

Evap or faint bfp?
goddess99
by on Apr. 25, 2017 at 5:06 PM
Sounds like it's negative this month but good luck! Fx
Kimipeli
by Group Admin on Apr. 25, 2017 at 6:45 PM

Completely depends on when you implanted. You are not out until AF shows. Woman can sometimes go a week over expected period day before they get a positive, it just all depends. If still no AF after 1-2 weeks then call for a Beta draw to see if it shows up in the blood. Good luck. Hang in there! Fx and sending lots of baby dust!

Also, I am sorry for you loss in 2013, I can only imagine the pain it leaves behind and the fear going forward as well.

GracesMama2009
by Member on Apr. 25, 2017 at 7:19 PM
Thank you! I need words of encouragement right now. The loss was terrible and I never imagined the fear would be this intense. I havent said much to my boyfriend at this point because of all the uncertainty. He says to this day seeing me go into surgery and come back to recovery was the scariest thing hes ever experienced. I don't know if I can handle it again.

Quoting Kimipeli:

Completely depends on when you implanted. You are not out until AF shows. Woman can sometimes go a week over expected period day before they get a positive, it just all depends. If still no AF after 1-2 weeks then call for a Beta draw to see if it shows up in the blood. Good luck. Hang in there! Fx and sending lots of baby dust!

Also, I am sorry for you loss in 2013, I can only imagine the pain it leaves behind and the fear going forward as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)