Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

AF here again - worried the D&C messed something up

Posted by on May. 16, 2017 at 12:38 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hi ladies,

I know we're all struggling with TTC and I was hoping for some support. AF is rearing her unwanted head again this month and that will make 5 months we've been actively trying since I had my D&C in December (originally pregnant at the end of September). I got pregnant on the first cycle with the twins we lost and I'm worried because now..nothing. I'm so worried that somehow having the surgery has messed something up in my uterus and the egg can't attach. 

I've broken down and scheduled an initial appointment with a fertility clinic just to get things checked out. Apparently they'll do an ultrasound to see what's going on and let me know our chances. 

I'm just sad. Logically I know why the D&C was necessary due to the risk of infection, but it's the only thing I can think of that I could have done wrong. Thanks for listening. 

by on May. 16, 2017 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
dfournier0922
by Member on May. 16, 2017 at 12:42 PM
Vitamin b. I believe this repairs the uterus. My mom took it after ablation and got a surprise baby a couple years later. She took it for weight loss. I took it as well after my d &c. I had another miscarriage within a year. But I did keep taking it and I have 2 girls now. It was confirmed during my section I have considerable scarring
vkp23
by Virginia on May. 16, 2017 at 6:54 PM

I had a D&C for a uterine polyp that was causing heavy bleeding for two months. I don't recall ever being warned it could cause issues. I DO know my periods were all kinds of jacked up after that and it took 3.5 years to get pregnant with our son.  After he was born though my periods are as regular as They had ever been. I hope you're able to get some answers and help.  Prayers!

DixonBabies
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2017 at 7:35 PM

I hope your appointment goes well and you get your bfp soon. SO sorry for what you have gone through.

momofnatalie
by on May. 16, 2017 at 8:22 PM

You didn't do anything wrong.  Talk to your doctor so they can pinpoint what is going on.  Stay positive, you will get there!

RedWings_mom
by Member on May. 16, 2017 at 10:00 PM

Thanks for the responses already! You guys are awesome. I don't wish this on anyone 

Alexsi1
by Alexandra on May. 16, 2017 at 11:10 PM
So sorry for what you are going through. I hope the appointment goes well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)