Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cycle may, or may not be a bust. We will know on friday.

Posted by on May. 16, 2017 at 5:46 PM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this

So, I got my estrogen levels back from last cycle, when they had me trigger, I was at 1835.... and 3 days prior to that, my level was 212..... so.. I jumped fast and hard. Which is why they had me trigger so fast.

today, I still have some signs of risiduals from last cycle, so i'll recheck friday to see if I can do a cycle on 5-9 of femera, and add some menopur in, with the main dose of 150, then go down to 75 to try to keep me from spiking up quite like that.

We triggered a little fast, which may be why the eggs didn't take, that they weren't *quite* mature enough, so we are hoping (if not this month, next month.) to do a reduce menopur addition after the first draw, to see if we can coast a couple eggs along nicely with out stimulating too many so we can trigger at a larger size.

He did say that I was a perfect IVF (in vitro fertilization) candidate, and hubby agreed to do IVF after christmas, if we weren't pregnant by then.

by on May. 16, 2017 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Alexsi1
by Alexandra on May. 16, 2017 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Hope everything goes well this cycle for you! Good luck and plenty of baby dust.

vkp23
by Virginia on May. 16, 2017 at 6:36 PM

That sounds very complicated. 😜 Lots of luck and prayers though!

DixonBabies
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2017 at 6:37 PM

I'm glad you have a game plan and that dh is on board. Hopefully this cycle works out for ya and you get your bfp.

kajira
by Emma on May. 16, 2017 at 7:45 PM

IT would be nice. The doctor brought up ovarian drilling and mini ivf cycles. I just need to know how much it would cost to switch to an IVF cycle mid-way if we wanted to push my eggs. My insurance covers all the meds, just not egg retrieval, storage, FET, etc. so I'd have to look into the process of how much all of that would cost. We can afford it after christmas, since the meds are covered. I just need to know if i'm paying out of pocket, how much of a deal the doctor would give us on all of this. It's cheaper to just have my insurance pay for meds, and cancel a cycle if need be. :/ He'd rather I not waste cycles canceling if possible, so he's trying to get my body to stop being quite so "PCOS"-like in my response. I had the traditional PCOS over stim issue. 

Quoting DixonBabies:

I'm glad you have a game plan and that dh is on board. Hopefully this cycle works out for ya and you get your bfp.

kajira
by Emma on May. 16, 2017 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this

when is PCOS not complicated?!?! :P

Quoting vkp23:

DixonBabies
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2017 at 7:53 PM
Oh wow. Hopefully it's a reasonable price. With my pcos, I haven't really had any of the traditional issues with it. No insulin resistance, no cysts on ovaries, o ovulate every month with and without meds. Been pretty lucky with that, knock on wood. I have no idea why we haven't gotten pregnant yet.

Quoting kajira:

IT would be nice. The doctor brought up ovarian drilling and mini ivf cycles. I just need to know how much it would cost to switch to an IVF cycle mid-way if we wanted to push my eggs. My insurance covers all the meds, just not egg retrieval, storage, FET, etc. so I'd have to look into the process of how much all of that would cost. We can afford it after christmas, since the meds are covered. I just need to know if i'm paying out of pocket, how much of a deal the doctor would give us on all of this. It's cheaper to just have my insurance pay for meds, and cancel a cycle if need be. :/ He'd rather I not waste cycles canceling if possible, so he's trying to get my body to stop being quite so "PCOS"-like in my response. I had the traditional PCOS over stim issue. 

Quoting DixonBabies:

vkp23
by Virginia on May. 16, 2017 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Pshhh you ain't kiddin'!!!!

Quoting kajira:

when is PCOS not complicated?!?! :P

Quoting vkp23:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

momofnatalie
by on May. 16, 2017 at 8:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck!  I ended up doing IVF and it worked after years of trying everything.  

kajira
by Emma on May. 16, 2017 at 8:59 PM

I don't have insulin issues, but I never ovulate on my own, we'll be doing a sperm check next month just to make sure he's still working, too! LOL

I've been able to get pregnant a few times, but I just don't ovulate.

Quoting DixonBabies: Oh wow. Hopefully it's a reasonable price. With my pcos, I haven't really had any of the traditional issues with it. No insulin resistance, no cysts on ovaries, o ovulate every month with and without meds. Been pretty lucky with that, knock on wood. I have no idea why we haven't gotten pregnant yet.
Quoting kajira:

Quoting DixonBabies:

newmelly2009
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2017 at 9:09 PM
Sounds like a plan! Would your insurance cover Ivf?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)