Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling insecure

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 5:07 PM
  • 9 Replies
I'm just feeling insecure, I'm not a skinny girl and I'm worried about gaining more weight with this pregnancy. I feel like my husband isn't attracted to me and feel like he looks at other women. Again it's me being insecure. I'm causing myself anxiety. It doesn't help that we are not allowed to do anything sexual by orders of my doctor. Ugh what's wrong with me?
by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mommyof7921
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I felt like this too when I was pregnant. It's natural:)

no matter how big we get it is soooo worth it because we get the best gift ever.

Dani1009
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:16 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm feeling the same way. I've already gained 17 pounds and I'm only 22 weeks. I'm only supposed to gain about 25 pounds 😭 most of it is in my thighs too, which is so crazy & makes me feel incredibly self conscious. But my husband loves the curves for some reason. And we also went through the no intercourse business till I was about 10 weeks along. My husnabd hates that, but i enjoy having thr pressure off! Try not to get too insecure! Pregnancy is such a temporary thing in the long run!
island_latina
by Bronze Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 3:08 AM
So true!

Quoting mommyof7921:

I felt like this too when I was pregnant. It's natural:)

no matter how big we get it is soooo worth it because we get the best gift ever.

island_latina
by Bronze Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 3:13 AM
I'm glad your husband still finds you sexy. I talked to my husband today about how I was feeling and he was so reassuring and comforting. He told me he loves me and don't let my insecurities tell me differently. He said I'm not going to do anything to hurt you because I love you and have to much to lose. No one would compare to our relationship. It was nice to hear. I just have to remind myself it's in my head and trust in him and God.

Quoting Dani1009: I'm feeling the same way. I've already gained 17 pounds and I'm only 22 weeks. I'm only supposed to gain about 25 pounds � most of it is in my thighs too, which is so crazy & makes me feel incredibly self conscious. But my husband loves the curves for some reason. And we also went through the no intercourse business till I was about 10 weeks along. My husnabd hates that, but i enjoy having thr pressure off! Try not to get too insecure! Pregnancy is such a temporary thing in the long run!
Swan77
by Bronze Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 7:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I think almost all pregnant women go through insecurity. Your body is changing quickly and it can be overwhelming. Just try to eat healhy..go for quality instead of quanity and if allowed do some safe pregnancy exercises.
We've been "cut off" too while pregnant and yes it sucks
noonelikeme564
by Group Admin on Jun. 5, 2017 at 8:23 AM
😊❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Quoting island_latina: I'm glad your husband still finds you sexy. I talked to my husband today about how I was feeling and he was so reassuring and comforting. He told me he loves me and don't let my insecurities tell me differently. He said I'm not going to do anything to hurt you because I live you gland have to much to lose. No one would compare to our relationship. It was nice to hear. I just have to remind myself it's in my head and trust in him and God.

Quoting Dani1009: I'm feeling the same way. I've already gained 17 pounds and I'm only 22 weeks. I'm only supposed to gain about 25 pounds 😭 most of it is in my thighs too, which is so crazy & makes me feel incredibly self conscious. But my husband loves the curves for some reason. And we also went through the no intercourse business till I was about 10 weeks along. My husnabd hates that, but i enjoy having thr pressure off! Try not to get too insecure! Pregnancy is such a temporary thing in the long run!
jjsong
by on Jun. 5, 2017 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this

It sounds like this is not your first pregnancy.  If so did you have a hard time getting rid of the extra weight after pregnancy?  Hormonal changes affect your mood which can cause both depression and anxiety.  Maybe the best way to deal with feeling less attractive is to concentrate on a healthy diet and lifestyle (including moderate exercise to keep from gaining too much weight)  a  new hairstyle and extra attention to husband.  Hard to ignore or be less attracted to a wife that focuses her attention on him.  Hard to do if you have children to care for and not feeling great but worth the effort. Hugs to you as you wait for this baby's birth and a return to a normal sexual relationship.

kajira
by Emma on Jun. 5, 2017 at 5:49 PM
2 moms liked this

You can do hand jobs, blowjobs, and many other activities that aren't intercourse.

Have at it :P

tiffluv81
by Tiffanie on Jun. 6, 2017 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this

BABY WEIGHT is sexy.. That is what my ex use to say. I though the same. I had huge cyst while pregnant so I was not bd'ng every day or when he wanted because I found OG because it hurt and was uncomfortable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)