Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I wrong for being jealous?

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 2:51 PM
  • 26 Replies
So dh and I have been ttc for a while now and my bff just found out she was pregnant about a week ago. I was initially kinda jealous because she wasn't even trying but I got over it and was happy for her. Then today she went for her first ultrasound and discovered she is having triplets with no help from fertility drugs or medical intervention. While I am happy for her, I can't help shake this feeling of sadness that we haven't conceived yet. I don't want to be jealous because I know she is going to need support but it's so disappointing in a way. Am I wrong?
by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4ever_a_memory
by Casey on Jun. 19, 2017 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Your not wrong at all hun. Unfortunately the jealousy for those of us who have been trying for a long time (I've been ttc for 5 years now) is just part of it and it's completely ok to feel that way and be happy for her and still be sad for yourself. Hugs
JCplus1
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this
This is a normal feeling when ttc.
Your happy for them but than question "why not me?!?". I
noonelikeme564
by Group Admin on Jun. 19, 2017 at 3:24 PM
You're not wrong! Very normal feeling I think we all here have experienced one time or another!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
2017mama
by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I have definitely been through it and still am because my sisters in law all 4 of them are pregnant and I'm not and 1 just had her baby last week. It's definitely super hard, one of hardest I have had to deal with. ;(
Jaimerose827
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this
This is a very normal feeling! I have a friend who I don't talk to much announce she was 16 weeks pregnant despite the fact that she and the father split on bad terms and she hates him for everything he puts her through. Meanwhile I'm over here trying and trying with no luck.
essencemarshe
by Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you ladies!! I feel awful but it helps to know this is normal. Hugs to you all!! ❤
sciencelady
by Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Totally normal. I feel that way sometimes and I haven't even been trying that long.

vkp23
by Virginia on Jun. 19, 2017 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Very normal feeling.  Hugs!

lalasmama2007
by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this

No, you're not wrong. It's completely normal to feel that way.

hugs

kajira
by Emma on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Sadly, you have a right to your feelings. Just make sure you don't them out on her when you hang out with her. It's not her fault her body worked the way it did, and our bodies don't like to cooperate the way we want :( 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)