Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Starting IUI - rough morning

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 10:23 AM
  • 10 Replies

Hi everyone,

Going in to month 11 of TTC and doctor has recommended IUI at this point. We had all sorts of tests run last month and we're in the lovely category of "unexplained infertility". With all my anxiety and depression around TTC, my doctor (who is wonderful!) recommended that we go ahead and do IUI.

I geared myself up for this, thought I was fine and went in this morning for the initial ultrasound and bloodwork. During the ultrasound, they found a benign cyst on my left ovary. On an ultrasound board, a cyst looks almost exactly like an egg sac for a baby. For one horrible second I got so excited thinking that maybe my body had tricked me and I really was pregnant. Then she said "cyst" and I felt horrible. I managed to keep it together until I got out into my car and then I just bawled. I hate how fragile I am at this point =( upset over an image. 

I start the fertility drug today and they're ordering my trigger shot for next week. Just wanted to post to get some support because I'm really struggling today. Doesn't help that the 4th person I work with has announced their pregnancy. Also any words of wisdom from others who have gone through the IUI process is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks for listening! 

by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kajira
by Emma on Jul. 14, 2017 at 10:32 AM

I hope the IUI works for you. I can understand how sad you might feel in having a thought you're pregnant and then having your hopes dashed. :(

Hope everything goes smoothly.

noonelikeme564
by Group Admin on Jul. 14, 2017 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I've never had the procedure done, but a lot of ladies here have in which they could offer more advice. Wishing you the best of luck sweetheart!😊❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Becky.Mom.of.2
by Becky on Jul. 14, 2017 at 10:53 AM
Wishing you the best!!
lovemylife_15
by Ally on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:30 AM
Big hugs mama. Wishing you the best with iui journey
swthugsnksses30
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 12:09 PM
Hope it brings u ur precious baby. Baby dust
vkp23
by Virginia on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:28 PM

I'm so sorry hon. Ttc is such a hard roller coaster of emotions. Prayers for you it happens soon 

Alexsi1
by Alexandra on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I went through IUI and thankfully it worked the first try. I went through a lot of cramping the day they did it, even though they said I would be able to go back to work right after it. So I made sure I had the day off and laid around all day. After that, it was just a matter of staying busy during the tww. Try to find a hobby or something to occupy your time. A craft, reading, anything to keep your mind busy. I like word search puzzles so I busied myself with that.

I hope the IUI works and am sending you plenty of baby dust.
ablackdolphin
by Member on Jul. 15, 2017 at 8:22 AM
Best wishes to you!
ACrystalLilly
by Member on Jul. 15, 2017 at 2:27 PM

Sending you angels to help keep you focused on positive outcome thoughts - wishing you the best outcome possible in your journey to become parents.... blessings

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Jul. 15, 2017 at 8:43 PM

I am so sorry hun, I hope IUI works quickly for you and you conceive!!! Best wishes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)