Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Herbs and supps

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 8:29 PM
  • 8 Replies
What kinds of herbs/supp/teas or oils do you use while ttc? I'm reading so much about herbs that help strengthen the uterine walls. Plus cleanses to help with fertility. What do you use?
by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 8:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
noonelikeme564
by Group Admin on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:16 PM
Evening primrose oil balanced my hormones for sure before I conceived this time around and I feeled it played a major role for me with having a successful pregnancy so far. 😊❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
huntersmoma21
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:31 PM
I have some of that in my cabinet. I've only used that at the end of my pregnancies to soften the cervix. I'll definitely look into that.

Quoting noonelikeme564: Evening primrose oil balanced my hormones for sure before I conceived this time around and I feeled it played a major role for me with having a successful pregnancy so far. 😊❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
ablackdolphin
by Member on Jul. 15, 2017 at 8:21 AM
Zinc for hubby
noonelikeme564
by Group Admin on Jul. 15, 2017 at 9:50 AM
It helped a lot before pregnancy and I even took it in the early weeks.😊❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Quoting huntersmoma21: I have some of that in my cabinet. I've only used that at the end of my pregnancies to soften the cervix. I'll definitely look into that.

Quoting noonelikeme564: Evening primrose oil balanced my hormones for sure before I conceived this time around and I feeled it played a major role for me with having a successful pregnancy so far. 😊❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Jul. 15, 2017 at 11:48 AM

http://natural-fertility-info.com/fertility-herbs

Red Raspberry is what I recommend, but I make a blend which includes Red Raspberry, Oat Straw, Red Clover, Alfalfa, and Nettles. I use as a pregnancy prep and during pregnancy. The link above has a lot of great info on it, however herbs can be very powerful and carry risks just as severe as medicines. Some also find they are allergic to some herbs. So make sure you do your research. start off with only one herb at a time, and cross check any herb you use with any medicines you may already be taking. Feel free to ask me any questions you may have and I will answer what I can. 

twinmama0112
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2017 at 12:07 PM
I take a prenatal vitamin but not big into herbs
kajira
by Emma on Jul. 15, 2017 at 1:12 PM

Before you mess with herbal supplements, you should see your GP and have basic labs done. Herbs and over the counter supplements CAN be helpful - but they can also screw things up if you don't need specific ones.

I would talk to a naturalpath, or someone who specializes in herbs, who can look at your labs and work with you and your GP to come up with a person specific plan.

Just taking random herbs, just because you can, doesn't always mean it's good for you.

I personally like vitex - but not everyone should take it - it's usually used to help with PCOS symptoms and help regulate your cycles. Some PCOS users find it doesn't help or makes them have irregular bleeding or other problems, for example.

newmelly2009
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2017 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Please be careful with herbs as they are not regulated by the FDA and from bottle to bottle you never know what you will get, they can be extremely toxic to the liver and in fact liver injuries caused by herbal and dietary supplements are on the rise!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)