Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have soo many questions! Please help me!

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:04 PM
  • 11 Replies

Okay so I just realized I am not doing this right. I thought OPK were to test for ovulation. I am hearing it's a predictor. I totally screwed this up, because EW discharge is what you get when ovulating and I got that like 4 days later.

Okay so I am on my first round of clomid. I need to learn how to be prepared for the next round in case I totally screwed this up this round.

1. What do you use to test for ovulation?

2. What do you use to test for temperature? Can I use the same for above? what temperature should it be?

3.  how do I check for cervix firmness?

4. If I test with OPK and it's positive does that mean I should get busy for the next 4 days? lol

5. Any other tips of what I should do or keep an eye on? TIA you guys for your help and support!

by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HisUsmcWifey
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Once you get a positive OPK you're likely to ovulate 12-36 hours later so yes, I'd DTD a few days before and after that day. I'm not sure about EWCM since I never have any, and for BBT I use an Ava bracelet so it tells me my readings.
Also I swear I can't ever feel my cervix so I'm not any help there either. :(
Paranoai
by Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:12 PM

what about supplements?

Quoting HisUsmcWifey: Once you get a positive OPK you're likely to ovulate 12-36 hours later so yes, I'd DTD a few days before and after that day. I'm not sure about EWCM since I never have any, and for BBT I use an Ava bracelet so it tells me my readings. Also I swear I can't ever feel my cervix so I'm not any help there either. :(

HisUsmcWifey
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Here's what I take.
When I take PreMama I don't do the prenatals since the PreMama has folic acid in it already. If I just take plain Myo Inositol then I add the prenatals.

Quoting Paranoai:

what about supplements?

Quoting HisUsmcWifey: Once you get a positive OPK you're likely to ovulate 12-36 hours later so yes, I'd DTD a few days before and after that day. I'm not sure about EWCM since I never have any, and for BBT I use an Ava bracelet so it tells me my readings.
Also I swear I can't ever feel my cervix so I'm not any help there either. :(

MeganSB
by Megan on Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:47 PM
Most people use fertility friend to track their temps using a digital fertility thermometer. It has more accurate readings than a regular thermometer. You have to check your temp at the same time ever morning. If you sleep with your mouth open it's not going to be accurate, if you toss and turn at night it's not going to be accurate. From what I've read you get ewcm right before ovulation. I've had positive ovulation tests then felt the pinch and had ewcm 2 days later. I have learned a lot of what my body does after several months of tracking everything. Symptoms etc
twinmama0112
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 5:32 PM
You generally get a positive opk 12-72 hours before you actually ovulate, the only way to confirm ovulation has in fact confirmed is to temp every morning before you even get out of bed with a bbt thermometer
Paranoai
by Member on Aug. 7, 2017 at 11:27 AM

I move around a lot. That doesn't help lol

Quoting MeganSB: Most people use fertility friend to track their temps using a digital fertility thermometer. It has more accurate readings than a regular thermometer. You have to check your temp at the same time ever morning. If you sleep with your mouth open it's not going to be accurate, if you toss and turn at night it's not going to be accurate. From what I've read you get ewcm right before ovulation. I've had positive ovulation tests then felt the pinch and had ewcm 2 days later. I have learned a lot of what my body does after several months of tracking everything. Symptoms etc

Becky.Mom.of.2
by Becky on Aug. 7, 2017 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this
That is why I don't temp lol. And I have insomnia during my hormonal times which usually lasts for 3 nights. I know I would never get accurate readings. Lol. I've been using cheapie OPK strips and am currently a newbie to it myself.

Quoting Paranoai:

Quoting MeganSB: Most people use fertility friend to track their temps using a digital fertility thermometer. It has more accurate readings than a regular thermometer. You have to check your temp at the same time ever morning. If you sleep with your mouth open it's not going to be accurate, if you toss and turn at night it's not going to be accurate. From what I've read you get ewcm right before ovulation. I've had positive ovulation tests then felt the pinch and had ewcm 2 days later. I have learned a lot of what my body does after several months of tracking everything. Symptoms etc

Quayla
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2017 at 1:15 PM
1. Use OPK's to predict ovulation. The box will usually tell you when to start testing. When you get a positive stop testing and make a point to get some sex in.

2. Get a basal body thermometer, they are more precise than a fever thermometer. When you start out temp the whole month. Later down the line you can temp less but you need to get in the habit first. Temp as soon as you wake up in the morning, the same time every day after at least 3 hours of sleep. You aren't looking for a specific temperature you are looking for your temperature to go up which will confirm ovulation has occurred.

A note here: I've see a lot of women here and other places who think they can't temp because of listlessness, irregular schedules or not enough sleep. It is still worth trying though. I have a bunch of sleep disorders and nurse throughout the night and almost always see a clear thermal shift. I actually temp around 4am because it was the mostly likely time I had 3 hours of sleep. I would take my temp then go back to sleep.

3. I use my index and middle finger. Feel for both texture and the position and opening of the os. Again, this is somewhat relative. You will just have to do it to understand what you're looking for. In general a non fertile cervix will feel firm like the tip of your nose while a fertile one will feel mushy like your lips. While you're up there grab some mucus and use that for more info. You're looking for eggwhite cervical mucus. Ideally it would be as clear and stretchy as raw egg whites.

4. Yes.

5. Fertility friend is a great site for information and while not as pretty as some has the best online and app charting. Taking Charge of Your Fertility also has a site but the book is hands down the best. Charting will seem unhelpful at first. A bunch of information you won't know how to deal with. You are looking for your pattern. It takes at least 3 months to start establishing that though. You likely hope to get pregnant sooner than that but if it doesn't happen the info will help later on or at the least should you decide to have another baby you will have some training under your belt.
MeganSB
by Megan on Aug. 7, 2017 at 1:37 PM

Thats why it doesn't work for me either. I toss and turn. Plus I really enjoy sleeping in on my days off so I can't temp at the same time every day. I think I managed for one month and my chart looked really good till af came..

Quoting Paranoai:

Paranoai
by Member on Aug. 7, 2017 at 1:47 PM

OMG thank you for taking the time to type all this out! this is very helpful!

Quoting Quayla: 1. Use OPK's to predict ovulation. The box will usually tell you when to start testing. When you get a positive stop testing and make a point to get some sex in. 2. Get a basal body thermometer, they are more precise than a fever thermometer. When you start out temp the whole month. Later down the line you can temp less but you need to get in the habit first. Temp as soon as you wake up in the morning, the same time every day after at least 3 hours of sleep. You aren't looking for a specific temperature you are looking for your temperature to go up which will confirm ovulation has occurred. A note here: I've see a lot of women here and other places who think they can't temp because of listlessness, irregular schedules or not enough sleep. It is still worth trying though. I have a bunch of sleep disorders and nurse throughout the night and almost always see a clear thermal shift. I actually temp around 4am because it was the mostly likely time I had 3 hours of sleep. I would take my temp then go back to sleep. 3. I use my index and middle finger. Feel for both texture and the position and opening of the os. Again, this is somewhat relative. You will just have to do it to understand what you're looking for. In general a non fertile cervix will feel firm like the tip of your nose while a fertile one will feel mushy like your lips. While you're up there grab some mucus and use that for more info. You're looking for eggwhite cervical mucus. Ideally it would be as clear and stretchy as raw egg whites. 4. Yes. 5. Fertility friend is a great site for information and while not as pretty as some has the best online and app charting. Taking Charge of Your Fertility also has a site but the book is hands down the best. Charting will seem unhelpful at first. A bunch of information you won't know how to deal with. You are looking for your pattern. It takes at least 3 months to start establishing that though. You likely hope to get pregnant sooner than that but if it doesn't happen the info will help later on or at the least should you decide to have another baby you will have some training under your belt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)