Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Eyes and opinions. Would it be worth it to keep taking progesterone? *update in replies page 1)

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 8:07 AM
  • 13 Replies

ok so here's the deal.  Remember most of us agreed I may had ovulated twice?  I'm thinking the first one attached but like I said, I didn't think it was a good egg so I don't believe it made it.  Had super faint lines that went away.  I mean mega faint.  However, I believe the second might had attached late but is good.  I had some light pink spotting for a couple days and figured I was out. Well it stopped.  I tried some OPKs and they are almost positive.  Now I believe I may have lines on the hpt. Yesterday, I was suppose to be the last day I take the progesterone for this cycle if I didn't get pregnant.  But now I'm wondering if I should give it a couple more days. What do you guys think?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 8:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
miasmommy21407
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:49 AM
I would give it a couple more days just to be safe. If you feel that baby could have attached then a couple of days won't hurt it anything. It might delay your period but as someone who need progesterone to sustain a pregnancy, Is rather a delayed period than a miscarriage.
kajira
by Emma on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:54 AM

I would take it for a couple more days. If you don't get a more obvious test in 2-3 days, I would go ahead and stop :( 

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 10:40 AM

I would take it a few more days hun, maybe also try a different brand of tests. If still negative in a few days then I would stop. FX

Becky.Mom.of.2
by Becky on Aug. 8, 2017 at 11:50 AM
Agree

Quoting kajira:

I would take it for a couple more days. If you don't get a more obvious test in 2-3 days, I would go ahead and stop :( 

Kimipeli
by Group Admin on Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I think as long as you have a question in your mind that you may or may not be pregnant, then you should continue it until you get an answer you are 100% confident in. Like was previously said, it doesn't "hurt" anything to continue the Progesterone, but it could "hurt" if you stop it too soon! FX that you get a BFP!!! Sending you lots of baby dust!!!

noonelikeme564
by Group Admin on Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:20 PM
I would keep taking it for a couple of days! Progesterone won't prevent af from coming, it will just delay it a bit. If tests are not getting any darker when af is late, then I would stop. Fx momma!😊❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
vkp23
by Virginia on Aug. 8, 2017 at 2:15 PM

Yeah what ever line was there doesn't matter. The progesterone didn't stop my period this afternoon.  😞 Well onto next month.

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs hun!! 

Quoting vkp23:

Yeah what ever line was there doesn't matter. The progesterone didn't stop my period this afternoon.  😞 Well onto next month.

Becky.Mom.of.2
by Becky on Aug. 8, 2017 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs!!!!
vkp23
by Virginia on Aug. 8, 2017 at 2:43 PM

Thank you.  I'm going to be seeing am endocrinologist this month (hopefully) to get my thyroid checked out and might have them check my prolactin checked too like my obgyn was thinking to check and have them fax all the findings to my obgyn.  I'm taking a break from the clomid though this month (not from ttc.  Still gonna ttc, just not take the clomid.). And I guess we will see what happens. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)