Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting Old...

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 5:06 PM
  • 43 Replies

Today is my 31st birthday!!! I remember many years ago, saying I wanted to be done having kids by 30. Then 30 came and went and I was pretty sure I wanted another baby! Now I am 31 and have the worst baby fever, I want another so bad. Maybe even 2 or 3 more. Hubby is on board with one more for sure. Now I am thinking....maybe I want to be done by 40! (Oh how I hope we can have atleast one more) Did you hope to be done by a certain age?

ttc 

by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Becky.Mom.of.2
by Becky on Aug. 8, 2017 at 5:14 PM
Haha! I said the same about being done by 30 and I'm 32 hoping for #5. I would seriously have more but not sure if hubbys down for that. I always just talk him into "just one more then we are done" and then repeat 😂😂

Happy birthday!
Quayla
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 5:20 PM
I never had an age in mind but I'm 40 and done.
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 5:31 PM

That is sorta how it is here. After we had our 5th though he told everyone we were done. I was heartbroken. However, his tone quickly changed and he started talking about another and after discussion agreed to a #6. It cracks me up though because he has seen or talked to folks with like 8 kiddos, and he will make comments like "Oh man, 8 they are crazy!" I have to remind him, we aren't that far from 8 LOL I keep hoping I will feel "done" but it hasn't happened yet. Maybe after a 6th? We shall see 

Quoting Becky.Mom.of.2: Haha! I said the same about being done by 30 and I'm 32 hoping for #5. I would seriously have more but not sure if hubbys down for that. I always just talk him into "just one more then we are done" and then repeat 😂😂 Happy birthday!

Paranoai
by Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 6:09 PM

yeah I was hoping I  be done by 32. I am almost 35 :(

huntersmoma21
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 6:18 PM
I'm 31 also, trying for #4. I was totally done after the third boy and somehow dh talked me into it. After this we both "agree" that 4 is enough. He even said he would get snipped, but we shall see. I told him I would have to quit teaching if we have more because I can't work full time and raise all those babies, plus stay sane!
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 6:32 PM

My mom was a teacher, she is the reason I am a stay at home mom LOL I definitely understand!! I keep trying to talk my Hubby into getting fixed but he won't LOL I won't either. So he says lots of babies it is LOL Good thig I am not particularly fertile

Quoting huntersmoma21: I'm 31 also, trying for #4. I was totally done after the third boy and somehow dh talked me into it. After this we both "agree" that 4 is enough. He even said he would get snipped, but we shall see. I told him I would have to quit teaching if we have more because I can't work full time and raise all those babies, plus stay sane!

mrs_mckay
by Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 6:47 PM
I wanted to be done by 30. I'll be 30 in June. This is month 9 of trying for our 3rd and last. I'm not optimistic.
HisUsmcWifey
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 6:50 PM
I said the same thing! LOL
I'll be 32 in November, and we are still wanting just one more so who knows how old I'll be when we finally get pregnant.
Happy birthday Nora!
loquaciousred
by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 6:55 PM
I wasn't going to have a baby after 30 either. Nora was born after I turned 35 Haha.
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 7:39 PM

Hopefully you get your BFP soon!!! 

Quoting mrs_mckay: I wanted to be done by 30. I'll be 30 in June. This is month 9 of trying for our 3rd and last. I'm not optimistic.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)