Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 7:09 PM
  • 10 Replies
I checked my cervix today and it seems softer and kind of watery. My period is supposed to be starting soon and I know this is a stupid question but is it possible to ovulate so close to when my period is supposed to start?
by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
huntersmoma21
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 7:31 PM
Some people get an increase in cm when they are about to begin their period. As far as soft cervix I'm not sure.
Darlingone12
by Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 7:33 PM
Honestly I'm not totally sure it was my cervix, I have been having a hard time figuring out where it is. I'm going to make an appointment and talk to my doctor. We had sex just in case but neither of us had an orgasm lol. Ah the life of people trying to have a baby can be frustrating

Quoting huntersmoma21: Some people get an increase in cm when they are about to begin their period. As far as soft cervix I'm not sure.
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 7:56 PM

Do you normally have regular cycles? If so, and AF is due to arrive, it is likely because AF is coming. But hard to say for sure. 

Darlingone12
by Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 7:58 PM
They're pretty regular but to be honest I've never really kept track of my cycles before. The timeframe is pretty similar but I've only just started keeping track now

Quoting NoraDun:

Do you normally have regular cycles? If so, and AF is due to arrive, it is likely because AF is coming. But hard to say for sure. 

MeganSB
by Megan on Aug. 8, 2017 at 8:34 PM

I've heard with cervix checking you need to do it several ties a day as it shifts constantly, and the only way of knowing is keeping track monthly. Eventually you know what your looking for. Good luck

Darlingone12
by Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 8:39 PM
Thank you! I've just started charting and checking my temps daily right as I wake up. Hopefully we can make it happen

Quoting MeganSB:

I've heard with cervix checking you need to do it several ties a day as it shifts constantly, and the only way of knowing is keeping track monthly. Eventually you know what your looking for. Good luck

huntersmoma21
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:05 PM
It gets super frustrating I agree. My husband has it in his mind that at 2 o'clock every day it's baby making time.

Quoting Darlingone12: Honestly I'm not totally sure it was my cervix, I have been having a hard time figuring out where it is. I'm going to make an appointment and talk to my doctor. We had sex just in case but neither of us had an orgasm lol. Ah the life of people trying to have a baby can be frustrating

Quoting huntersmoma21: Some people get an increase in cm when they are about to begin their period. As far as soft cervix I'm not sure.
Darlingone12
by Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:11 PM
If only it were that simple lol

Quoting huntersmoma21: It gets super frustrating I agree. My husband has it in his mind that at 2 o'clock every day it's baby making time.

Quoting Darlingone12: Honestly I'm not totally sure it was my cervix, I have been having a hard time figuring out where it is. I'm going to make an appointment and talk to my doctor. We had sex just in case but neither of us had an orgasm lol. Ah the life of people trying to have a baby can be frustrating

momofnatalie
by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:46 PM

I think its more likely that your body is responding to prepping for AF to come.  However, if your cycles fluctuate then it couldn't hurt to try.  

Darlingone12
by Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 10:03 PM
We did, I am going to make an appointment to talk to my doctor though so I can find out exactly what I'm looking for. Mostly we are just trying to have fun with it

Quoting momofnatalie:

I think its more likely that your body is responding to prepping for AF to come.  However, if your cycles fluctuate then it couldn't hurt to try.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)