Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crinone 8%....... *TMI

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 8:48 PM
  • 11 Replies

Hey fun story.....

So I've been using these progestrone gel (even though it looks like a cream) suppositories for many nights now. After 3 nights DH and I decided to have some fun (some of you read this story already) It ended horribly with me being doubled over in pain and we decided Not to do that again for a while. So fast forward to tonight and I'm feeling restless in this TWW among other things and he took a shower and shaved which is a big deal for me cause it means great things for me. Anyways I decide to take a bath and freshen up, screw the cramps i'm thinking.....well here is where we reach the TMI. I start seeing some white stuff floating in the tub, not A lot but i'm thinking WTH is this. I know the tub was clean I always clean it before a bath. So I decide to use my finger and check things out down there and damned if that crap isn't just 'chillin' up there?! And it was a lot....like several nights worth. I was so grossed out! Please tell me someone else experienced this?! I had to research if I was supposed to be cleaning it out or not, and wouldn't you know others have experienced the same thing? Some say clean it out every other day or so others say it fell out on its own after a week....um excuse me but I don't want anything sitting in there for a week (especilly when it dissolves and does its thing within 30 minutes) and just wait for it to fall out?! UGh ew i'm officially grossed out.......

by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 8:51 PM

Oh wow, yea I would have been too. Not to mention it sounds unhealthy! Glad you found out it was there so you can keep a check on it when using it! Hopefully, it will all be worth it in the end!!!

Swan77
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:25 PM
I've never had that problem. The ones I'm on come in a capsule and instructions say to keep refridgerated. I would mention it to your Dr and maybe she can prescribe a different form
MeganSB
by Megan on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:29 PM

LOL Yes I hope so!

Quoting NoraDun:

Oh wow, yea I would have been too. Not to mention it sounds unhealthy! Glad you found out it was there so you can keep a check on it when using it! Hopefully, it will all be worth it in the end!!!

MeganSB
by Megan on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:33 PM

I wish mine came in a capusule! I read they have many different ones. I'm not even sure why she put me on them. I've never had issues with progtesterone before. But she is the baby expert so I won't question it. Especially if it ends in my BFP!

Quoting Swan77: I've never had that problem. The ones I'm on come in a capsule and instructions say to keep refridgerated. I would mention it to your Dr and maybe she can prescribe a different form

Dani1009
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2017 at 8:46 AM
When I've used crinone, it would slowly leak out on it's own. I wore a panty liner at all times because it was so messy. I never had to dig it out though
MeganSB
by Megan on Aug. 9, 2017 at 1:36 PM
I was expecting it too...wonder why it didn't with me? Did you use yours at night or in the a.m.?!

Quoting Dani1009: When I've used crinone, it would slowly leak out on it's own. I wore a panty liner at all times because it was so messy. I never had to dig it out though
Dani1009
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2017 at 2:44 PM
It was a couple of years ago, but I think it was twice a day.

Quoting MeganSB: I was expecting it too...wonder why it didn't with me? Did you use yours at night or in the a.m.?!

Quoting Dani1009: When I've used crinone, it would slowly leak out on it's own. I wore a panty liner at all times because it was so messy. I never had to dig it out though
Alexsi1
by Alexandra on Aug. 9, 2017 at 4:42 PM
I've never used the cream, just the capsules. That is crazy!
florallove92
by Group Admin on Aug. 9, 2017 at 8:22 PM
I have read that women have literally had to scoop out the Crinone! Lol. I would still definitely check with your pharmacist or prescribing Dr. I use Endometrin and it leaks out too, so gross! 😩
MeganSB
by Megan on Aug. 9, 2017 at 9:31 PM
Lucky!

Quoting Alexsi1: I've never used the cream, just the capsules. That is crazy!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)