Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How reliable are first signal test?

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2017 at 3:17 PM
  • 6 Replies
I took one when I woke up and it has a line that came up within 5 minutes but it doesn't have much color to it.....my clear blue test are still faint and an equate one I took is faint. When is a positive a positive with first signal?
by on Aug. 19, 2017 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lyzzefrago
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2017 at 3:38 PM

I hear that first signal can take up to the full 10 mins to show up positive. The only time I took one was with my chemical pregnancy I took 2, one on 10dpo and was negative but it showed up positive between 3-10 mins at some point on 14dpo with my blood test at 8 so if it shows up at all I would assume its a BFP!

Mommy052012
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2017 at 3:44 PM
Does it matter if there isn't much color to it? Line definitely showed really well at 9 minute mark but not a lot of color to it.

Quoting lyzzefrago:

I hear that first signal can take up to the full 10 mins to show up positive. The only time I took one was with my chemical pregnancy I took 2, one on 10dpo and was negative but it showed up positive between 3-10 mins at some point on 14dpo with my blood test at 8 so if it shows up at all I would assume its a BFP!

lyzzefrago
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2017 at 6:54 PM

I dont think so, my line in the second one I took was pretty obvious, even on a camera, but I see so many people for instance on Youtube freaking out over positive $1 store tests like first signal where I can't even see the line at all on the video and it ends up being a successful pregnancy so I think as long as you have a positive before 11 mins then it is considered a BFP :)

Quoting Mommy052012: Does it matter if there isn't much color to it? Line definitely showed really well at 9 minute mark but not a lot of color to it.
Quoting lyzzefrago:

miasmommy21407
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2017 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I love them! I've had super early BFP on those tests. My first ones around 8 and 9 DPO don't usually have a lot of color to them but within a day or two they do.
klandis0629
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2017 at 10:41 AM
So you have a pic?

Mine took the 10 mins to show pink
dj_kern
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2017 at 11:06 AM
Love hate relationship with them. They're cheap but give evaps as well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)