Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What have you done differently this cycle?

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2017 at 5:18 PM
  • 19 Replies
For once I ovulated on my own! I only ovulate once per year or two so it's exciting that I ovulated last month and then on Cd 17 this month! I started eating better (more fruit and protein),got more active (somewhat), took folic acid (duh), took soy cd 3-7, and tried a new supplement I found on amazon that's supposed to help with PCOS. It's expensive but it may have worked!
ETA it's Ovasitol and was $130 CAD for a 3 month supply.
by on Aug. 22, 2017 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Alexsi1
by Alexandra on Aug. 22, 2017 at 5:21 PM
The past two cycles I have been taking soy isoflavones CD 3-7. Last month I had a 28 day cycle. This month I'm not so sure what's happening as I had bad opks and do not temp. If I'm going off CM tracking I ovulated Saturday. We split up BD'g (doing it every other night instead of every night). I'm not too optimistic about this cycle though.
Mom.2.Many
by Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 5:50 PM
We also DTD EOD this month except around O we did every day. Good luck! Do you test early or are you one of the patient ones who can wait?

Quoting Alexsi1: The past two cycles I have been taking soy isoflavones CD 3-7. Last month I had a 28 day cycle. This month I'm not so sure what's happening as I had bad opks and do not temp. If I'm going off CM tracking I ovulated Saturday. We split up BD'g (doing it every other night instead of every night). I'm not too optimistic about this cycle though.
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh my...you and I sound very similar!! I only O every 12-18 months. I started on inositols in June and ovulated after 6 months since my last O which was a HUGE improvement. Took Soy this time around and while I felt I Od...well you read my other post. My temps haven't confirmed.

Anyway I found the inositols a bit cheaper buying it separately. The Myo is $20 per month, and the D-Chiro is $27 I think for a 3 months supply. Anyway I hope you get your BFP hun!! Excited to cheer you on this cycle! 

twinmama0112
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 6:26 PM
Nothing in particular, I've been using the advanced digital OPKs and temping as usual, inseminating whenever our donor has time to come by. I have been on antibiotics most of this cycle between starting with one my dr prescribed only to change it when she got results of a urine culture and found that what I was on was no good for the specific bacteria causing the kidney infection so she switched me to another which I'm now finishing up the second antibiotic prescribed in the next day or so. My luck is that will be the one change that somehow gets me my bfp.
swthugsnksses30
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Doing the sperm meets egg plan and taking geritol and bromelain :)
Acciobooks
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 8:50 PM
I have bd more during my fertile window.. and I take prenatals and maca root.
Mom.2.Many
by Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 10:20 PM
Do you think the maca has helped?

Quoting Acciobooks: I have bd more during my fertile window.. and I take prenatals and maca root.
Mom.2.Many
by Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 10:24 PM
That is much cheaper! I didn't mind too much paying for them because I realized if I was going on clomid etc I wouldn't mind paying that so if I really wanted a baby, was I willing to put out that much? It didn't seem like a lol compared to IUI, Invitro, etc. 😊 I'll look into buying it separately if this cycle doesn't work but I liked that the dosage was all figured out and was easy to absorb (I would assume). Plus it has no taste!
Good luck to you too! It's hard enough in our position without having your thermometer go on the fritz at the absolute worst time! )

Quoting NoraDun:

Oh my...you and I sound very similar!! I only O every 12-18 months. I started on inositols in June and ovulated after 6 months since my last O which was a HUGE improvement. Took Soy this time around and while I felt I Od...well you read my other post. My temps haven't confirmed.

Anyway I found the inositols a bit cheaper buying it separately. The Myo is $20 per month, and the D-Chiro is $27 I think for a 3 months supply. Anyway I hope you get your BFP hun!! Excited to cheer you on this cycle! 

Mom.2.Many
by Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 10:25 PM
I haven't heard of those before. I'll have to google!

Quoting swthugsnksses30: Doing the sperm meets egg plan and taking geritol and bromelain :)
HisUsmcWifey
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 10:28 PM
This cycle I'm focusing more on my chart, I also use digital OPK's to back up my positive cheapies, I'm trying Fertili Tea, I've been taking Geritol, we started Pre-Seed, and this month I'm going to give the Sperm Meets Egg Plan a shot.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)