Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

October cycle thread

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2017 at 8:07 AM
  • 53 Replies
9/29 - AF showed while I was grabbing a test out of my drawer, had to laugh at that a bit. Onto cycle #16 of trying

10/3 - Just when I think AF is leaving town and I might get some sexy time with the wife tonight she comes back with a vengeance. Had light bleeding yesterday and nothing but spotting all morning and then bam bleeding again. So ready for the old witch to leave and not come back till I'm snuggling a newborn in my arms

10/6 - AF is finally gone and due to not having any success we are moving onto a new donor this cycle. Idk if it's just coincidence or not but every time I step outside since AF started I notice there are always monarch butterflies. Sometimes it's just one or two others it's a whole bunch of them. I may be reaching here because of how long we've been trying but I'm hoping that the butterflies are a sign that it's finally my month since wife and I have agreed that if it's a girl we want to do the nursery in a butterfly theme. We also finally agreed on names that we both love. For a girl we picked Laila Noelle and for a boy we picked Jordan Matthew. ETA: had some vomiting which I've noticed I get at about the same time as my LH surge, OPK showed positive. Cramping on right side. Met up with donor and inseminated twice

10/7 - more cramps, super watery discharge, thinking it might be O day

10/8 - cm has dried up but cervix is still open and had a bit of spotting this morning, gonna meet up with my donor again tomorrow just to be safe

10/9 - tons of watery cm today and another positive OPK after turning negative. Not sure what my body is doing but gonna make sure to inseminate as many times as I can this week. Not sure how many cycles I can go through of trying only for AF to show.

10/10 - more watery cm and met up with the donor again. If I don't get pregnant this cycle idk what it's going to take because I'm inseminating more than I have in any previous cycle. Well most likely skip tomorrow but meet up again Thursday and Friday.

10/12 - CD 14 and 99% sure I'm 1 dpo. Managed to meet up with donor last night and will the next 2 days just to be safe. Wife is insistent that this month is finally our month and tells me I need to start testing next week. She's crazy but gotta love her since she just wants me to know as soon as possible to start taking all precautions. She went out last night and came home with 4 different brands of tests (2 blue dye, 2 FRERs, a cheapie pink dye and a digital) plus another bottle of prenatals so that I don't run out. Either this woman is psychic and really does just know or she's losing her mind with how long it's taking us to conceive. Not that I'd blame her for starting to get anxious, ive been slowly losing all shreds of patience/sanity with this TTC roller coaster since the one year mark.

10/14 - 3 dpo, had a very vivid dream of taking a pregnancy test at 12, 13 and 14 dpo and them all being positive. Crossing everything that this is my month.

10/16 - 5 dpo (I think, possibly 6 dpo not 100% sure) and having random low cramping. Trying not to get my hopes up, wife is so not helping talking to my belly telling the baby she swears is in there to go ahead and get comfy cozy for the next 9 months. I swear she’s crazy sometimes. Nothing too painful just enough to make me pause and wonder what it is.

10/18 - super sensitive down there, hoping it’s a good sign since I remember having this with my twins but not quite this early. Also feeling super tired.

10/19 - pretty sure I’m gonna die from this fatigue. Today is the 2nd day in a row where I took an afternoon nap and still dead exhausted by 10 pm. Also getting dizzy when I lay down. This cycle is confusing but hopefully brings a bfp.

10/20 - 9 dpo and mild cramping, got queasy at the smell of Mac and cheese my wife was making. Have had a headache. Can’t tell if it’s PMS or very early symptoms.

10/23 - 12 dpo lots of thick creamy discharge to the point where I keep thinking its AF starting. Also my entire mouth tastes like metal no matter how many times I brush my teeth.

10/25 - 14 dpo and bfn. Will retest in a few days if AF is a no show but not feeling very hopeful with this mornings test.
by on Sep. 29, 2017 at 8:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyzzefrago
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 6:22 PM
Fx for you! Hope this is your month finally.
swthugsnksses30
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:02 PM
This is gonna be ur conceive and my find out month ;)
twinmama0112
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 8:33 PM
2 moms liked this
I hope so! My wife says that October 14th is gonna be a big day because my son will turn 2 and I'll ovulate and conceive a new sibling for him. That'll be CD 16 so definitely a realistic possibility for ovulation to be that day. If not it'll be right before his birthday.

Quoting swthugsnksses30: This is gonna be ur conceive and my find out month ;)
twinmama0112
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2017 at 12:49 PM
Bump
twinmama0112
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2017 at 2:52 PM
Bump
HisUsmcWifey
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2017 at 8:24 PM
Fingers crossed this is your month! 🤞🏻❤️
twinmama0112
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2017 at 10:55 PM
Thanks on CD 8 but having ovulation type cramps so met up with my donor tonight just in case I ovulate early since I'll be busy the next couple days

Quoting HisUsmcWifey: Fingers crossed this is your month! 🤞🏻❤️
lyzzefrago
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2017 at 1:46 PM
Good luck with your new donor! I hope you have a little girl and can do your butterfly theme!!
twinmama0112
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2017 at 2:35 PM
Thanks! I'd love another girl. I love my son but nothing like having a princess. My girls would love another sister and my son isn't old enough to care either way

Quoting lyzzefrago: Good luck with your new donor! I hope you have a little girl and can do your butterfly theme!!
lyzzefrago
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2017 at 3:24 PM
Lol yeah definitely. I like your name ideas too they're super cute. Definitely hope this is your month!

Quoting twinmama0112: Thanks! I'd love another girl. I love my son but nothing like having a princess. My girls would love another sister and my son isn't old enough to care either way

Quoting lyzzefrago: Good luck with your new donor! I hope you have a little girl and can do your butterfly theme!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)