Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Antibiotics

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2017 at 12:51 AM
  • 8 Replies
I'm on 4 pills a day! Luckily I'll be done with them by Cd 8 and O around CD 14-16. Question is...will these affect my Oing at all? Or catching that egg? Anyone been on antibiotics and caught the egg before?
by on Oct. 20, 2017 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Mommy052012
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 1:11 AM
It really depends on the antibiotic your taking. I think it might delay ovulation for some people.
mrs_mckay
by Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 6:46 AM
I know plenty of people who have accidentally gotten pregnant on antibiotics since they can interfere with birth control so I wouldn’t worry about it.
huntersmoma21
by Silver Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 9:04 AM
I have heard of that too!

Quoting mrs_mckay: I know plenty of people who have accidentally gotten pregnant on antibiotics since they can interfere with birth control so I wouldn’t worry about it.
twinmama0112
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with this! I’m an RN and as far as I know antibiotics can interfere with the birth control pill if the two are taken too close together but in most cases they will not affect when you ovulate if you are not taking the pill.

Quoting mrs_mckay: I know plenty of people who have accidentally gotten pregnant on antibiotics since they can interfere with birth control so I wouldn’t worry about it.
kajira
by Emma on Oct. 20, 2017 at 10:35 AM

I get infections a lot, due to being prone to them. Antibiotics won't hurt your ovulation or having a baby.

Kimipeli
by Group Admin on Oct. 20, 2017 at 10:37 AM

Yes, every time I was sick and/or on antibiotics my ovulation was delayed a bit. EVERY SINGLE TIME! However, I always did ovulate at some point, and that is all that is needed to get pregnant. An egg and a sperm. I agree, antibiotics can mess with birth control and therefore some have gotten pregnant! So the answer is yes, can affect ovulation, but usually only on the timing. No, won't effect catching the egg unless you miss the timing because later then usual and you didn't realize, never caught the egg but I also know ones who have gotten pregnant when on antibiotics.

Good luck! Fingers and toes crossed for you!! Sending tons of baby dust!

huntersmoma21
by Silver Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 12:38 PM
Thanks I need the luck! Feeling defeated and it's only been 3 months. Dh is trying to convince me to take some hcg this cycle thinking maybe I'm not ovulating but I think he's crazy!! I can't possibly ovulate later than my second month ttc which was cd 17. I only have a 26-29 day cycle.

Quoting Kimipeli:

Yes, every time I was sick and/or on antibiotics my ovulation was delayed a bit. EVERY SINGLE TIME! However, I always did ovulate at some point, and that is all that is needed to get pregnant. An egg and a sperm. I agree, antibiotics can mess with birth control and therefore some have gotten pregnant! So the answer is yes, can affect ovulation, but usually only on the timing. No, won't effect catching the egg unless you miss the timing because later then usual and you didn't realize, never caught the egg but I also know ones who have gotten pregnant when on antibiotics.

Kimipeli
by Group Admin on Oct. 21, 2017 at 4:27 PM

I know that feeling of defeat! You are not out though until the witch shows!!! Some ladies do ovulate later then 17, especially if sick -- and then their period is later then usual. Has happened to me! But yes, good luck!! Fingers crossed! Sending lots of baby dust!

Quoting huntersmoma21: Thanks I need the luck! Feeling defeated and it's only been 3 months. Dh is trying to convince me to take some hcg this cycle thinking maybe I'm not ovulating but I think he's crazy!! I can't possibly ovulate later than my second month ttc which was cd 17. I only have a 26-29 day cycle.
Quoting Kimipeli:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)