Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Been awhile, checking in.

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2017 at 6:48 PM
  • 26 Replies

How is everyone doing!? 

wave

Feel like it's been forever since I checked in. Hope everyone is doing well! 

Things have been going as usual here: crazy, hectic, etc. After my blood work came back showing how bad my hormones were off my doctor told me it was pretty much impossible for me to conceive on my own without help. She commented multiple times about how shocked she was I had any children at all actually. I left feeling pretty depressed and broken. After taking some time I decided that I would just have to be happy with where I am in life and not complain. Hubby and I both agreed we would not go into debt to conceive since we already have children (complete personal choice) Then two days ago my Husband's niece had twins, and a flood of emotions came flying back. Long story, but she is the one whose kids we took in when she went to jail. I picked her second child, up from the hospital at 2 days old and had him until he was about 4 months old. She got out of jail, got the kids back, and went on to have a third child almost immediately. He is one and she just had a boy/girl set of twins. She called me two days before she went to the hospital asking for carseats because the hospital wouldn't let her bring them home without them in carseats (duh). Meanwhile, she had posted a week or so ago the three oldest in the backseat of a car without carseats going down the road :( Needless to say, I just had a breakdown. I always find myself stressed and worrying about other kids in the family, but unable to do anything to protect them, which just makes me more depressed. Then yesterday I began having ovary twinges, and today severe ovary pains and burning, but my opks are negative. Of course, it brought back hope that maybe just maybe my body will ovulate. But I guess not :( So I just needed to vent, needed to see what everyone was up to here, and hear some positive stories. Been an emotional few days. 

So, fill me in one what I have missed lately! Any new BFPs? Whose in their 2ww? I really do miss this group!

by on Nov. 11, 2017 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
huntersmoma21
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2017 at 10:02 PM
Hi! We miss your encouragement. I'm in month 4 and expecting af tomorrow (or not). I'm 12 dpo and cd 26 today. Keeping a teeny bit of hope but counting myself out for some reason.
HisUsmcWifey
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2017 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I’m sorry, I hope things start to get easier for you. ❤️
loquaciousred
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2017 at 10:56 PM

I took a break for 2 or 3 months because chemicals were too upsetting. Back at it this month and am in the TWW. I'm not really feeling it... I kinda feel like I lucked out with Nora and having her was a fluke that won't repeat. :(

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2017 at 12:15 AM

Thanks hun!!! I hope this is your cycle. 

Quoting huntersmoma21: Hi! We miss your encouragement. I'm in month 4 and expecting af tomorrow (or not). I'm 12 dpo and cd 26 today. Keeping a teeny bit of hope but counting myself out for some reason.

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2017 at 12:17 AM

Praying for you this month hun, hopefully you will get your sticky bean! 

Quoting loquaciousred:

I took a break for 2 or 3 months because chemicals were too upsetting. Back at it this month and am in the TWW. I'm not really feeling it... I kinda feel like I lucked out with Nora and having her was a fluke that won't repeat. :(

mz.juice23
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2017 at 1:56 AM
I'm so sorry for everything you've been through. I remember when you had the baby for a while and how heartbroken you were she got the baby back. You're a very strong woman!! *Hugs*
lyzzefrago
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2017 at 1:51 PM
Wow, I hate when these people just take their children for granted and treat them so poorly. It must have been so hard to have to give them back after she got out of jail.... I remember that feeling of getting so angry thinking maybe I would get pregnant but I was on birth control so I had to face the facts, but I wanted a baby so badly! Since you had children though I would think it’s still a possibility!! Maybe a miracle will happen but yeah definitely don’t go into debt I’m sure you have a beautiful family.

I’m not sure if you were still here when I got pregnant but I’m 9 weeks pregnant, about to be 10 weeks, with twins. It’s literally a miracle, so I do believe that you may be able to get a miracle as well. I’m terrified of miscarrying and have barely told anyone because I’m so scared but each ultrasound that I see them and their heartbeats I try to just be thankful for.
Becky.Mom.of.2
by Becky on Nov. 12, 2017 at 4:09 PM
I've been thinking about you a lot! I'm so sorry to hear that you didn't get good news :(

I'm still not pregnant and in limbo of not knowing what is going on with my body. I did 10 days of progesterone, then soy iso cd3-7. I had bad side affects and basically couldn't leave my house those 5 days :/ not sure if I will use it again. I possibly made have O'd last weekend according to 2 apps, but FF has not detected O so I'm not sure what's exactly going on.

Ive missed you though!!!
kman88
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2017 at 5:13 PM

That's got to be hard, did she get car seats!? 

I talked to DH about IUI again and we decided to try in January. I'm not quite sure if our insurance covers fertility so it might be just one try 😕

Im nervous and excited about trying IUI. Oh and my doc wants me to do femara with it, which makes me a little more nervous as I've never taken anything like that nor do I track ovulation so I'm afraid we're gonna miss it or end up doing a bunch of ultrasounds to check follicles.

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2017 at 9:36 PM

Yes, it was tough. We had him a handful of times after she got him back, and it got to a point where she would send him to us when he was low on diapers or formula so that we would buy it and send him home with it. So we put our foot down and said we couldn't take him all the time this way, it was one thing if he was ours, but to foot the bill for him when it was convenient to her was too much. Needless to say she got upset and stopped calling. So we hadn't seen him for quite some time until just recently after a relative passed. He didn't know who I was, which broke my heart. Then she tried to get me to take him for awhile when she had the twins. I wanted too, like SOOO badly, but it would of been so scary for him. He doesn't know us. Sure he would have adjusted, but who knows how long it would have taken, and then he would have gone back to them. I just couldn't see putting him or us through that for a week, maybe two. So my husband told her no, I couldn't find the strength! 

Quoting mz.juice23: I'm so sorry for everything you've been through. I remember when you had the baby for a while and how heartbroken you were she got the baby back. You're a very strong woman!! *Hugs*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)