Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When did you test?

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2017 at 10:53 AM
  • 3 Replies

Hey ladies, 

So i am now 2 days post IUI and omg i am already going insane with waiting. I dont think it helped that i was off work yesterday as well with the Rememberance Day closures. Glad to be back at work and in my usual routine, i thought it would help me forget about it but that will never happen!! When you have been waiting so long its like torture!! 

The 25th cannot come soon enough and i am totally excited to take the test, praying for the positive on Dh's birthday! How wonderful would that be "Happy birthday baby were expecting" it would be a birthday he would never forget after years of talking about another baby. 

fingers crossedFingers crossed!! 

But my question is on the 25th i will be only 12 days post IUI procedure, is that too soon to test? I have a shorter cycle so AF is due on the 26th for me. 

When did you ladies test?  

Thanks!!!! 

by on Nov. 14, 2017 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2017 at 5:34 PM

The TTC advocate in me says don't test until AF is late to save yourself some stress. However, I rarely seem to be able to follow my own suggestion haha. I think 12 dpo is a pretty reasonable time. Just keep in mind just because it is negative doesn't mean you are out, as some eggs don't implant until 12dpo. 

To answer your question 

With #1 I started testing at 4 wks, got my first positive at 17 wks

#2 I tested on CD 120 something LOL so I could start on fertility meds. Come to find out I was 8 wks pregnant

#3 I started testing at 10dpo, got my first positive at 11 dpo but it was a squinter. My 12dpo test was an obvious positive. 

#4 and #5 I started testing at 9dpo. I got a super faint bfp at 10dpo with #4, obviously, bfp by 11dpo and with #5 I got a faint bfp at 9 dpo which was obviously a bfp by 10dpo. 

A few months back I thought I had ovulated (I have PCOS so I only O once a year or so) and I began testing at 8dpo. I got positive tests from 8 dpo til 18 dpo. I got positives on multiple tests. They were super faint but absolutely there. I got blood work done however and it came back I wasn't pregnant. It absolutely destroyed me. So the later you can wait the better, so you don't get your hopes up. 

Good luck hun and keep us posted!

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:40 AM

bump

NatesMom2011
by Member on Nov. 18, 2017 at 1:03 PM

I went to walmart last night and was so tempted to pick up some tests LOL but im going to force myself to wait some more, tomorrow will be exactly a week since i had my IUI so im sure its waaaaay too early now. 

The waiting is soooooo the hardest part of this entire journey, I knew i was an impatient person but i never thought that i was this impatient LOL 

Quoting NoraDun:

The TTC advocate in me says don't test until AF is late to save yourself some stress. However, I rarely seem to be able to follow my own suggestion haha. I think 12 dpo is a pretty reasonable time. Just keep in mind just because it is negative doesn't mean you are out, as some eggs don't implant until 12dpo. 

To answer your question 

With #1 I started testing at 4 wks, got my first positive at 17 wks

#2 I tested on CD 120 something LOL so I could start on fertility meds. Come to find out I was 8 wks pregnant

#3 I started testing at 10dpo, got my first positive at 11 dpo but it was a squinter. My 12dpo test was an obvious positive. 

#4 and #5 I started testing at 9dpo. I got a super faint bfp at 10dpo with #4, obviously, bfp by 11dpo and with #5 I got a faint bfp at 9 dpo which was obviously a bfp by 10dpo. 

A few months back I thought I had ovulated (I have PCOS so I only O once a year or so) and I began testing at 8dpo. I got positive tests from 8 dpo til 18 dpo. I got positives on multiple tests. They were super faint but absolutely there. I got blood work done however and it came back I wasn't pregnant. It absolutely destroyed me. So the later you can wait the better, so you don't get your hopes up. 

Good luck hun and keep us posted!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)