Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm confused

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2017 at 9:47 PM
  • 4 Replies
Okay here is a list of things i have been going through over the past few weeks:

Itchy itchy boobs, fuller boobs, light cramps, constipation on and off, mood swings, extreme unsatisfiable hunger.

I went to er a week ago and my temp was slightly increased. They pee tested and it came back negative. That was when my period was 5 days late. Now I'm 11 days late. Is there any way I am actually pregnant but the test isn't showing? I asked for a blood test but they refused saying their test was 99 percent accurate (even if it was too early??)
by on Nov. 22, 2017 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lyzzefrago
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 9:58 PM

they're clearly insane you need to have the right to a blood test. I would find some sort of excuse for why you need a blood test if they won't just give you one, my doctors are amazing about blood tests so I never need an excuse I'm not sure what you could say but if you have any reasons lol. Or maybe try to just take a dollar store test it should be positive by now if its positive!

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 10:06 PM

First of all, the doctor office tests are not sensitive tests. And they don't look at faint lines, if it is not blarring they count it as a negative. It is very possible it was too soon for their test to pick it up. I would get a frer from your nearest store and take it and see what you get.

All that being said, you absolutely can be pregnant but never get a positive urine test. My urine tests never showed positive with my first. I took 5 tests over 5 months all negatives. I got blood work done and found out I was pregnant. Ultrasound determined I was 17 wks along. It is rare, but possible!! 

Obviously there could be other reasons, hormonal issues, thyroid, PCOS, etc. But hopefully it is just that you are preggo! Good luck hun

Rayven_Nelson85
by Member on Nov. 23, 2017 at 12:01 AM
Thanks ladies! I really feel like I am pregnant but at the same time I'm still unsure. I need to see a obgyn anyway for a check up. I just noticed today that my nipples are getting sore but idk if that's just because I've been scratching and rubbing due to the itching.
lyzzefrago
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2017 at 6:19 AM

Yeah I would defintely say try to get in with an OB and have them test again! But also yes definitely get a cheap FRER from a target or target type store or a walmart cheapie or something if they can't see you for a bit especialy because of the holiday. Hopefully that soreness is a good sign and not just a neutral sign!

Quoting Rayven_Nelson85: Thanks ladies! I really feel like I am pregnant but at the same time I'm still unsure. I need to see a obgyn anyway for a check up. I just noticed today that my nipples are getting sore but idk if that's just because I've been scratching and rubbing due to the itching.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)