Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 week milestone! Weekly apts now!

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2017 at 9:51 AM
  • 21 Replies
3 moms liked this

Everything right now is going pretty good. Baby is healthy, albeit, still breech. Following in #2's footsteps, it appears. So, pulsatilla, spinningbabies, and all the other crap to get him to flip... but it's not working. Just like with #2.

The upside, is my OB told me she'd allow me a vaginal breech birth option as long as he's not double footling breech and there's no cord in the way. I can live with that. With my heart condition, vaginal birth is safest for me, so it's an educated risk of a second c-section with possible heart problems for mom vs. a natural birth with a good doctor and a possible breech.

I've been here before and know which one I'll choose. Baby can flip last minute, as did my previous breech, so I'm going to wait him out and hope he chooses to move. She did say she'd be willing to try an EVC once or twice for me, even though I'm a vbac since I've already had a previous vbac birth and previous babies.

We are going to go over birth plan in a couple weeks after Christmas, and then we sit and wait for baby. She thinks based on my history, I probably go an average of 10-14 days early, and this baby may follow that pattern and we will see what happens!

Due to guidelines changing in 2013, they no longer allow early inductions before 39 weeks, so GBS positive status makes things tricky, especially since I delivered my last baby outside of the hospital and didn't make it there in time and have a history of fast labors, and she can't really induce me between 37-38 weeks and the odds of me making it to 39 are pretty iffy. We've discussed being able to medically justify it after 38 weeks, doing it on Valentine's day if everything is favorable. So, we are still figuring out the best way to handle my body.

I'm not big on inductions, but GBS and needing antibiotics vs. forcing a baby to get IV's in the hospital isn't something I really want to put him through. It's easier for me to get them, than him.

Anyways, now I just have to re-evaluate birth plan to cover contingencies. (Such as breech, mid-birth EVC options, IV/fluid, etc.)

And, what our plan is if we just plain don't make it to the hospital again. Since Jake delivered our last baby (safely) on accident, she is going to go over "how to catch a breech baby" with him at our 34 weeks apt, just in case baby and I don't make it to the hospital in time...

Despite a couple of "you're getting older" experiences with this pregnancy, my body has otherwise, handled it well, all things considered. ;) Now if I could just get my teenager to stop stressing me out, maybe the baby would turn. (Joking.)

Down to weekly visits now, for the most part, all apts, planned out through jan and then we will go from there.

by on Dec. 12, 2017 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maybebaby2018
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

woohoo! You are in the home stretch now mama, and you look great!

kajira
by Emma on Dec. 12, 2017 at 10:43 AM

I've gained WAY too much weight this pregnancy. LOL

Quoting maybebaby2018:

woohoo! You are in the home stretch now mama, and you look great!

MarriedMyPrince
by on Dec. 12, 2017 at 4:13 PM
Lol what too much weight!? You'll bounce back you always do. Looking great Emma! So so happy all is going as well as it can for you and your sweet baby.
kajira
by Emma on Dec. 12, 2017 at 4:25 PM
Oh I've gained so look much weight with this boy. Lol

Quoting MarriedMyPrince: Lol what too much weight!? You'll bounce back you always do. Looking great Emma! So so happy all is going as well as it can for you and your sweet baby.
MarriedMyPrince
by on Dec. 12, 2017 at 4:36 PM
Maybe so but I sure cant tell. Maybe he'll be chubby little man

Quoting kajira: Oh I've gained so look much weight with this boy. Lol

Quoting MarriedMyPrince: Lol what too much weight!? You'll bounce back you always do. Looking great Emma! So so happy all is going as well as it can for you and your sweet baby.
cookie860
by Stephanie ♡ on Dec. 12, 2017 at 7:36 PM
Omg you are the tiniest belly carrier ever!!!
I didn’t even know you were expecting I’ve been gone to long!
What are you having? Boy or girl?
I’m excited for you!
Update me :)
kajira
by Emma on Dec. 12, 2017 at 7:49 PM

i'm having a boy - I'm due in about 8-10 weeks :P

How are you doing, I haven't seen you post in forever!

Quoting cookie860: Omg you are the tiniest belly carrier ever!!! I didn’t even know you were expecting I’ve been gone to long! What are you having? Boy or girl? I’m excited for you! Update me :)

Rabby
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 2:33 AM
1 mom liked this

You are looking great Emma. I sooooo envy your tiny bump lol. Gudluck for the rest of the journey.

lyzzefrago
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 3:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Aw so nice! I hope you make it to that hospital so you can get IV rather than him!! Definitely can't tell you gained barely any weight lol... I finally have a bump and I weighed myself and was 3 pounds lighter than I was 2 weeks ago, not sure maybe different scale and no shoes? lol who knows it was super weird though! I think Valentine's Day sounds great I hope they agree to that!

kajira
by Emma on Dec. 13, 2017 at 8:24 AM

I have to make it to V-day though for that plan to work. Part of me has this sneaking feeling baby's coming first week or so of feb.

Quoting lyzzefrago:

Aw so nice! I hope you make it to that hospital so you can get IV rather than him!! Definitely can't tell you gained barely any weight lol... I finally have a bump and I weighed myself and was 3 pounds lighter than I was 2 weeks ago, not sure maybe different scale and no shoes? lol who knows it was super weird though! I think Valentine's Day sounds great I hope they agree to that!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)