Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Viability scan

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2017 at 7:08 PM
  • 12 Replies
Viability scan went well. Too early to hear the heartbeat and a few days behind my estimate but she could see the little flicker of an early heartbeat. I’m still not optimistic though. I’ve been having brown spotting every evening for almost a week. The last two days it’s been getting darker and heavier. Still brown and still only when I wipe for the most part but the fact that it’s getting worse gives me a bad feeling.
by on Dec. 12, 2017 at 7:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Myfiveboyz
by Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 7:25 PM
Prayers for you, are they able to give you progesterone? Maybe it would help.
mrs_mckay
by Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 7:34 PM
My progesterone was fine at my betas and they saw no source of bleeding on the scan.

Quoting Myfiveboyz: Prayers for you, are they able to give you progesterone? Maybe it would help.
Myfiveboyz
by Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 7:37 PM
Hmmm a mystery then, hopefully it's nothing and everything will be fine. Just take it easy as much as possible hun.

Quoting mrs_mckay: My progesterone was fine at my betas and they saw no source of bleeding on the scan.

Quoting Myfiveboyz: Prayers for you, are they able to give you progesterone? Maybe it would help.
Mommy052012
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 8:04 PM
Praying for a sticky baby! ♥️♥️♥️
HisUsmcWifey
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 10:09 PM
Brown means old, so try not to stress too much! I’m so glad you got to see your little beans HB!
Rabby
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 2:18 AM

Praying the brown spotting means nothing and You and baby will be just fine.

lyzzefrago
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 4:05 AM

It could be a cyst? I had brown spotting on the Mirena cuz I had constant cysts :(, I've heard of SO many people who had even RED heavy bleeding and now have healthy babies so I wouldn't worry too much if it isn't heavy and you were able to see the flicker :) but good luck and I hope it doesn't get any worse for you and you have a h&h 8-9 months ahead of you!

bem8489
by Brandy on Dec. 13, 2017 at 1:17 PM
It could be coming from your cervix. Even if you haven't had sex lifting and sitting too long can put stress on the cervix.
mrs_mckay
by Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 1:47 PM
I really hope that’s right. It could explain why it’s mostly in the evenings when I get home from work. I work in an office so I sit at a desk most of the day. Although I did have it over the weekend as well so maybe not. I’ve been pretty careful not to lift things. My pre-schooler is unimpressed by this.

Quoting bem8489: It could be coming from your cervix. Even if you haven't had sex lifting and sitting too long can put stress on the cervix.
Omg-ice-cream2
by Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 3:20 PM
A tiny start of a heartbeat is good! How far along are you now? I had a friend years ago who was spotting like that and an ultrasound didn't show a heartbeat. The doctor told her it was a missed miscarriage but I told her she should get a second opinion. A few days later she went to a different doctor who found the heartbeat and told her the bleeding/spotting was caused by a strep infection in her vagina. Her little guy is 6 or 7 now! Hang in there, all signs are pointing to a sticky baby!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)