Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT Is everyone ready for Christmas?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2017 at 12:35 PM
  • 13 Replies

Do you have any last minute things to do or are you set? 

wreath

I just can't believe Christmas is a week away. I feel like it was yesterday I was trick or treating with the kiddos! 

by on Dec. 18, 2017 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cookie860
by Stephanie ♡ on Dec. 18, 2017 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this
It has flown by! :) we are all set just need to wrap presents!
Becky.Mom.of.2
by Becky on Dec. 18, 2017 at 12:51 PM
To be honest, I've been kind of a Scrooge this year. I was all excited to set the tree up (and we did waaaaay early) and get decor out, but all the family gatherings/traveling etc like that I am just bah humbug over. Side note: there have been some tensions this year with a big portion of family, I swear I'm not just a huge jerk so that plays into it.

I guess I am a little stressed about it too because we had our plans all mapped out and then DH got a promotion (YAY!!) but he had to move to night shift and it kind of screwed everything up. This will be good for our family though so it is worth it.

ANYWAY, I just have a couple stocking stuffers to get for my oldest and Christmas dinner supplies....I think. I'm sure there will be something last minute I've forgotten lol. Just finished up nieces/nephews yesterday. Christmas Eve I plan to do crafts, decorate cookies & gingerbread houses with the kiddos. That is my favorite kind of thing to do this time of year!
Myfiveboyz
by Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 2:58 PM
Only 3 gifts left to buy at my house and then all the wrapping! I need to grocery shop for dinner supplies and I need to deep clean a few rooms of the house!!
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 3:00 PM

Hugs hun!! Hope you guys have fun Xmas Eve. We normally do an Xmas even gift which includes Pjs, popcorn, and cocoa, and then we watch a movie before bed. I will have baking to do that day as well. We did houses and cookies this past week. It is one of my favs to do with the kdidos as well! 

Quoting Becky.Mom.of.2: To be honest, I've been kind of a Scrooge this year. I was all excited to set the tree up (and we did waaaaay early) and get decor out, but all the family gatherings/traveling etc like that I am just bah humbug over. Side note: there have been some tensions this year with a big portion of family, I swear I'm not just a huge jerk so that plays into it. I guess I am a little stressed about it too because we had our plans all mapped out and then DH got a promotion (YAY!!) but he had to move to night shift and it kind of screwed everything up. This will be good for our family though so it is worth it. ANYWAY, I just have a couple stocking stuffers to get for my oldest and Christmas dinner supplies....I think. I'm sure there will be something last minute I've forgotten lol. Just finished up nieces/nephews yesterday. Christmas Eve I plan to do crafts, decorate cookies & gingerbread houses with the kiddos. That is my favorite kind of thing to do this time of year!

wiccanlove92
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 3:46 PM
I’m behind schedule as usual. So far I’ve bought 3 gifts (2 for my youngest 1 for my oldest) going to be doing a ton of shopping once I get paid Friday. Luckily this check will have my OT included in it so I have more money to play around with and make sure my kids have a good Christmas.
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 3:57 PM

I didn't intend to get behind, but with Hubby's work schedule, we somehow just did. All the kids gifts are purchased, wrapped, and under the tree. I am done shopping for Hubby, not sure about him for me yet. But between today and Christmas my husband only has two days off. We still have to shop for my SIL who is joining us this Christmas, I have to buy a few more items for our Xmas breakfast, I have to let the kiddos show for us, I have to clean and bake. I have to wrap the Xmas eve gifts and we have to put together a trampoline sometime between now and Christmas morning, without my kids seeing it LOL OH, and one of the days Hubby is off I am working the farmers market so I won't even be home. Geez....

Becky.Mom.of.2
by Becky on Dec. 18, 2017 at 5:32 PM
Thank you! Hope you do as well! That reminds me I still have PJs to get for 2 kids 😂😂 oh how there is always so much to do lol. I've always wanted to do the Christmas Eve pj tradition but some years I never get around to getting them new pjs at all. Some years I give them early. My grandma is pretty good about that, so that's why I've been lazy about it. Lol. I'm usually earlier with houses and cookies too, but man, I have just been in a slump and have not been out and about much. I finally went yesterday and bought all of the stuff for our activities. Took my youngest girl and we ran into Santa in Walmart, definitely a special trip for her!

Quoting NoraDun:

Hugs hun!! Hope you guys have fun Xmas Eve. We normally do an Xmas even gift which includes Pjs, popcorn, and cocoa, and then we watch a movie before bed. I will have baking to do that day as well. We did houses and cookies this past week. It is one of my favs to do with the kdidos as well! 

Quoting Becky.Mom.of.2: To be honest, I've been kind of a Scrooge this year. I was all excited to set the tree up (and we did waaaaay early) and get decor out, but all the family gatherings/traveling etc like that I am just bah humbug over. Side note: there have been some tensions this year with a big portion of family, I swear I'm not just a huge jerk so that plays into it.

I guess I am a little stressed about it too because we had our plans all mapped out and then DH got a promotion (YAY!!) but he had to move to night shift and it kind of screwed everything up. This will be good for our family though so it is worth it.

ANYWAY, I just have a couple stocking stuffers to get for my oldest and Christmas dinner supplies....I think. I'm sure there will be something last minute I've forgotten lol. Just finished up nieces/nephews yesterday. Christmas Eve I plan to do crafts, decorate cookies & gingerbread houses with the kiddos. That is my favorite kind of thing to do this time of year!

Mommy052012
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 6:03 PM
I feel behind! We still need to go out and buy "Santas" gifts for the kids and gift for other members of our family. I am excited Christmas is so close! 🎄🎄🎄
Swan77
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I feel behind. Still have baking and wrapping to do. I think I have all the shopping done. Picked up a few little things today
loquaciousred
by on Dec. 18, 2017 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this
My son is going out with a friend of mine on Wednesday to shop for me. But I'm all done haha.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)