Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

😊 had my first apt today

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2018 at 8:03 PM
  • 3 Replies
So I finally got to see my dr and discuss what in the world is going on lol. First off, ultrasound showed baby at 8 weeks 3 days and heart rate of 166. After dr reviewed my stay in the ER he told me that he believes the "thickening" of umbilical cord is nothing to worry about. So moving onto the SCH, he thinks I'm low on progesterone and is checkimg with blood work. Results will be in tomorrow afternoon. And he said if he hes right ill be on progesterone pills until about 12-13 weeks. Just until the placenta can have time to attach properly and be ok. And hes checkimg my blood type (I know I'm O.... Just not sure if its O+ or O-) he said if I'm O- and my DH is + then our baby may have a + blood type and my body will attack it like I virus. And ill have to get Rhogan shots? Never heard of it before. But thankfully my Dr has years (35+ years) of experience and I'm sure knows what hes talking about. He asked if I was nuasuse and I said very much so lol. He told me that's a good sign of a pregnancy sticking and that he was hopeful that all will be fine!
by on Jan. 2, 2018 at 8:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
lyzzefrago
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Yay congrats! Yeah those shots omg I know quite a few people who had multiple miscarriages because they didn't even make it to the point where they could get the shots their bodies just automatically attacked the babies. One girl who I met in nursing school said she had 12 pregnancies and only has 3 living children I was like damn okay, super glad I'm +, but I also know plenty of people who are - and never had issues just had to have the shots, so if you are O- and the dad is + don't freak out lol I think you will be just fine. 

Momsoftwo93
by Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 8:47 PM
We are hopeful and keeping a positive mind about it!

Quoting lyzzefrago:

Yay congrats! Yeah those shots omg I know quite a few people who had multiple miscarriages because they didn't even make it to the point where they could get the shots their bodies just automatically attacked the babies. One girl who I met in nursing school said she had 12 pregnancies and only has 3 living children I was like damn okay, super glad I'm +, but I also know plenty of people who are - and never had issues just had to have the shots, so if you are O- and the dad is + don't freak out lol I think you will be just fine. 

lyzzefrago
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes absolutely! Especially since you made it this far already, like the girls I'm talking about were having miscarriages at like 4-5 weeks like they didnt even know so I don't see why you wouldn't be fine the shots are just anti-rejection if I'm correct so other than being shots which I'm sure nobody likes it's not that bad :)

Quoting Momsoftwo93: We are hopeful and keeping a positive mind about it!
Quoting lyzzefrago:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)