Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Haven’t updated in awhile! Baby boy is home from the Nicu!

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2018 at 8:00 AM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I am sorry that I haven’t updated in awhile. Our handsome baby boy, Finch came home a few days before Christmas. December 22nd! It’s been amazing to have him home. It’s so much easier now that we don’t have to drive to the hospital every 3 hours for a feeding. 🙂 Finn is doing amazing. He is now 5weeks 3days. I’m not sure about his adjusted age. He has a lot of gas and spits up a bunch out of his nose but other than that we are starting to work on getting him off the nipple shield. I’ve had my 1st Lactation appointment where she said he most likely has a lip and tongue tie. Tongue tie not that bad because he can stick out his tongue. He has his 2nd drs appointment on Tuesday and we will go from there and see what his dr says about all of that. Thank you girls for checking in and again, I am sorry it’s been awhile since an update. His pictures are from the day he was born and from a couple days ago. 🙂 We are so so happy to have our rainbow baby home with us.
by on Jan. 6, 2018 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MeganSB
by Megan on Jan. 6, 2018 at 9:17 AM
Oh my goodness he is so adorable!!!
rockcrazyrebel
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2018 at 11:21 AM
Thank you! I’m so in love with him! ❤️

Quoting MeganSB: Oh my goodness he is so adorable!!!
PoodleMum
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2018 at 4:32 PM
Unfortunately sticking out the tongue is no indicator of restriction. Many tied people can and still have symptoms :( Paediatricians also aren’t trained in ties, it’s best to see a IBCLC familiar with posterior tongue ties and a preferred provider to revise it. Hope it helps you as much as it did my girls and I! What a cutie!
rockcrazyrebel
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2018 at 4:39 PM
I am going to just have his pediatrician look at it and then get info on where to go from there. My Lactation lady knows of a few that deal with tongue ties but not so sure about lip ties. I’ll be asking a few friends also that have dealt with it. Thank you so much for the info. I know more from your response than I did before. Lol. :-)

Quoting PoodleMum: Unfortunately sticking out the tongue is no indicator of restriction. Many tied people can and still have symptoms :( Paediatricians also aren’t trained in ties, it’s best to see a IBCLC familiar with posterior tongue ties and a preferred provider to revise it. Hope it helps you as much as it did my girls and I! What a cutie!
Careeka22
by Caitlin on Jan. 6, 2018 at 4:48 PM
He's beautiful!! My twins spit up constantly for months with no ties. They called them "happy spitters" likely from my OAL. Hope they can figure it out.
Omg-ice-cream2
by Member on Jan. 6, 2018 at 6:59 PM
OMG he's so beautiful!
lyzzefrago
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2018 at 9:55 PM

Yay congrats! Such a cutie! So nice you were able to have Christmas and New Years at home with him.

rockcrazyrebel
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2018 at 10:21 PM
Thank you 😊 He’s been spitting up like this since he was in the Nicu. I’m going to guess it’s because he eats too fast. Lol

Quoting Careeka22: He's beautiful!! My twins spit up constantly for months with no ties. They called them "happy spitters" likely from my OAL. Hope they can figure it out.
rockcrazyrebel
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2018 at 10:22 PM
Thank you ☺️ ❤️

Quoting Omg-ice-cream2: OMG he's so beautiful!
rockcrazyrebel
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2018 at 10:23 PM
Thank you! 🙂 It was the best Christmas present! We stayed home and snuggled all day.

Quoting lyzzefrago:

Yay congrats! Such a cutie! So nice you were able to have Christmas and New Years at home with him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)